View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:17 AM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

Progress is wonderful to see

Quote:
Australia says yes to same sex marriage

Politicians are jostling for pole position on driving the same-sex marriage debate forward as supporters of the 'yes' campaign celebrate their resounding win.

Liberal Senator Dean Smith's Marriage Amendment Bill 2017 was introduced on Wednesday afternoon and debate will begin on Thursday.

Malcolm Turnbull sprung up minutes after the results were announced on Wednesday that 61.6 per cent of eligible Australians voted in favour of marriage equality.

Feeling vindicated by the 79.5 per cent response rate to his voluntary poll, the prime minister urged federal parliamentarians to legalise same-sex marriage before Christmas.

Source
There's an image with percentages at the end of that article which shows that large percentages in all age groups, in all states, voted . Doesn't say which way they voted but still impressive that so many people voted in this since it wasn't compulsory

Now for it to just pass through parliament now that they all have a free vote on this Hopefully by Christmas

Chelle » join GTmy art