View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 01:11 PM
brianitesince2001
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
No he wasn't afraid, but they scared him.. yes he was consumed by them, that's what made it so scary for him.. he didn't really know how to cope with them and he wasn't in controll of them anymore..
I think Brian was in control. He partied, went to the hospital, went to work and functioned, then repeated the cycle. Anybody else would've been hospitalized themselves b/c they wouldn't be able to keep up that pace. Brian was in full on pain management mode and he was doing what he had to to get through.

Quote:
I don't think he didn't care who saw it.. because would have been that the reason, he would have visited Justin during the day were the other could see heim.. he made them believe he didn't care, and they didn't look close enough to look right through him..
That was shame and guilt from his believing he caused the bashing. Notice when he's in the hospital immediately afterwards. He's not in the waiting room where presumably Jennifer and Justin's family are. He's alone. He couldn't face ANYBODY b/c of his feeling responsible.

Brian's also practical. Everybody visited Justin during the day. Brian knew there were plenty of people in case Justin needed something. When was Justin vulnerable and alone? At night. That's when Brian stood point. He was guarding Justin and protecting him like Rage would - in the shadows of the night.

Quote:
not visiting him in hospital and when he came out of it.. Justin had to go look for him and confront him before he broke down.. and Justin understood ..
Again, did you see Brian's face when Justin was at Woody's? Gale's acting in 201-202 was brilliant. He actually portrayed the looked of "seeing a ghost." Brian had so much guilt and shame. How could he face the person he loved when he felt he was the one who caused his love such pain and possible permanent damage?

Quote:
You are right.. he probably would have denied it with everybody else, and the question is a good one! Never thought about that.. the only thing Justin asked was "would you mind if I wasn't there".. and Brian got away with saying really nothing and leaving the decition only by Justin.. I wonder if he would have stayed with Brian instead Ethan if Brian would have said yes at that moment..instead telling him that there are no locks on the door.. Justin was blind for his bodylanguage in that scene
My cousin married this woman in a shotgun wedding. He loved her but they fought like cats and dogs. I'll never forget what he told me...if she knew how to handle me I'd give her anything she wants. I love her. But, she just can't figure out how to handle me.

That's Justin. I think he's got it down sometimes, then he blows it. Sometimes Brian needs a pouty "please." Other times he needs a bossy command. When Justin hits it correctly Brian's putty in his hands.

If Justin had asked him that direct question in the correct way - Brian would probably have answered.

But, even in 308 when Justin says you would've told me that you loved me and that you'd keep on loving me even after I was gone. Brian STILL didn't say it or even nod an agreement. So, who knows?