View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 03:02 PM
brianitesince2001
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
You are right, he didn't deny it there either, but I still don't think he realiesed that this feeling and need to care about Justin really was love that he felt
Ahhhh...but he told Justin, F--- you or F--- off or something like that after he'd endured the teasing for a moment. Brian's defensive walls come up when somebody gets too close to the truth. If Brian DIDN'T feel love for Justin he wouldn't have cared what Justin was sing-songing about. But, boy, did that hit Brian Kinney's nerve.

Quote:
Reading all those arguments, I have to admit that you are right.. at the prom dance he was aware of his feelings to Justin... and he got scared over his own feelings after the bashing..
I don't think he was afraid of his own feelings after the bashing. I think he was completely consumed by them, all of them.

The trauma, the guilt, the devotion, the love, the grief, the dedication, the feral need to protect Justin in the hospital b/c he failed to protect him from the bashing. His "friends" thought he'd removed himself from the situation. He removed himself from THEM. He was ALL ABOUT JUSTIN. And, he didn't care who knew it, saw it, understood it, or not. He was myopic.

In 203 Debbie tells Michael if Michael came home for Brian he made a big mistake. Brian had his own life. And, that life was Justin.

From 201 - 203 it was INTENSELY Justin, and only Justin.

From 204 - 212 he still soooooo loved Justin but as Justin began to heal a sense of normalcy and balance returned to B/J opening the doors for more drama to occur.

(Sex games were played, their rules were broken, Justin dropped out of school, Brian was outed to his Mom, etc)

213 and 214 Brian went back to protection mode with Justin. He was in agony watching Justin dance and go through the ugly necessities with Sap to get up on that bar. Brian loved Justin so much and wanted him to feel like a man that he rolled over for Justin at the end of 214.

215 - he was so in love that jealousy took over. He lost control - mostly b/c he doesn't have control regarding Justin. AND, THEN, HE APOLOGIZED HUMBLY FOR THAT JEALOUSY. He opened himself up to Justin and bared his jealous soul.

216 - The aliens abducted Brian AND Justin and left pod!Brian and pod!Justin in their places. So, I can no longer vouch for Brian's love or Justin's knowledge of that love (which Justin full well KNEW until he was abducted by aliens in 216) for the rest of the season.

I don't think he was afraid of his own feelings in 206. He was so consumed by his love for Justin that he kind of forgot he had a reputation to uphold. Zucchini man punched him in the face and gutt with that reminder.

That conflict was huge. Brian succumbed. BUT...it also led Brian to go find Justin and agree to all the rules Justin laid out. Brian's love for Justin was way stronger than his need to prove he was STILL the stud of Liberty Avenue.

Quote:
he noticed that this feeling is so powerful that it could hurt him more then everything before.. that's why he tried to keep Justin at distance.. but as soon as he let him back in his life he couldn't resist anymore...
When did Brian keep Justin at a distance in the first half of season 2?

And, Brian knew by the end of 102 that he was doomed. His immediate love for Justin from the moment they met was futile and he was going to get destroyed. And, ITA. He couldn't resist Justin. Not from the start. When he claimed Justin in 103 he sealed his fate. They were forever bound from that moment on. Brian knew devastating heart-break and loss were in his future.

Quote:
sorry I forgot that all that happended before the conversation with Debbie..
OMIGOSH. Don't apologize! We're just stating our opinions here. I LOVE these discussions. It keeps B/J alive and it peels back some of their many layers.

Quote:
He probably didn't even know how he could explain it to her .. he didn't trust her enough cause even she made it clear to hoim tha tshe saw him as the ahole he wanted everybody to believe he was..
Debbie always thinks and says the worst about Brian. It's disgraceful. She even contradicts herself and makes no sense. One minute she's saying Brian loves Justin and the next she's saying that Brian never did. Ooooooooo. These writers.

I don't think it was b/c he didn't trust Debbie. Unfortunately, Brian's taste in friends is appalling and he thinks of Deb as his second Mom, though he SHOULDN'T trust her.

He just CANNOT verbalize I LOVE YOU to or about Justin. It's too deadly to him. He's so vulnerable all the time about Justin. Saying those words is the death knell for Brian.

It was BECAUSE he trusted her that he was able to give her the affirmative "huff."

He would've denied to anybody else, except maybe Justin. I often wonder what would have happened if Justin asked Brian directly, "do you love me?"

Brian would either go silent like he did when Justin asked why he was living with Brian, abruptly walked out of the vicinity, softly admitted, "yes" or nodded or something, OR gone silent but let his face answer the question. I DON'T think he would have denied it. Brian doesn't lie. He just avoids.

I'm a genius, aren't I? Even a broken clock's right twice a day!! I just laid out almost every possibility with the exception of throwing Justin out. One of them has to be right. It's like I threw spaghetti against a barn. LOL

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-13-2017 at 03:23 PM