View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 10:15 AM
One Thing Remains
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
I read about the instant pot yesterday, it cooks dry beans in 4 minutes, soup in 4 min, whole chicken in 30 minutes.

It's like a rice cooker, slowcooker, pressure cooker, yogurt maker, can sautee stuff, just do a lot in one pot! And cook fast. Sounds like a good investment to me, who barely can cook

Why am I writing this at 7 am, I'm barely awake, surprised I'm sounding coherent.

It is a very good investment and saves so much time. I love that it's a true "one pot" meal thing. I can make the sauce for the meat in the pot using the sauté setting and then just add the meat, veggies, rice or pasta and set it all to pressure cook. Meals that used to take 4 to 5 hours in the crock pot are done in less than an hour and ready to eat. I use way less dishes now too since I don't have prepare sauces and seasonings separately and then add them to the crockpot over the meat. They have recipes for everything including pasta. My kids really love chicken Alfredo and I can make that in 20 mins - pasta, sauce, and chicken - all in the pot together. No separate pan for the sauce, separate pan for the chicken, and separate pan for the pasta and then having to mix it all together.

And the drum that you cook in is stainless steel so it's super easy to clean. A lot easier than the ceramic cooking drums of the crock pot.

As far as the price you just have to watch for sales. Amazon has deals on the Instant Pot a few times a year and so does Kohls. You definitely do not want to pay full price. I got mine at $40 off on Amazon during one of their deals of the day.