View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 06:17 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

I get what you're saying, sum1. But my issue is continuity. The farther we get from WWII, the less realistic it gets for Magneto to have survived the Holocaust. The Gifted takes place in the present day, and it's been confirmed that Polaris is Magneto's daughter on the show like in the comics. He'd be reeeeeaaaaalllllly old if he were an Auschwitz survivor. Putting the X-Men in the past with the First Class films prevents Fox from doing any contemporary X-Men films, not to mention it's unrealistic for the characters to not age over thirty years. Havok is a teen in 1963 during the Cuban Missile Crisis, then we see him in Vietnam in 1973, ten years later just before the Paris Peace Accords, and then ten years after that he's taking his brother Scott to the Xavier Institute in 1983. By then Alex should be in his late 30's and pushing 40, but he hardly looks a day over 25. And if the ten year trend continues, Dark Phoenix will take place in 1993, yet Scott and Jean will look the same as they did in 1983.

I mean, this works for Captain America because he was frozen in suspended animation after WWII, and Wonder Woman doesn't age because she's immortal, but with the exception of Mystique and Wolverine, the other X-Men would be middle aged or senior citizens by now.