View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 05:40 AM
LindaL100
Obsessed Fan

Well it's really the combination of Francois & Holly's awesome chemistry together, their brilliant performances and the dialogues that made Cesare & Lucrezia's lovestory so compelling and captivating and brought the incest to life. However for me it's really more of Francois & Holly's amazing chemistry together that really won me over the most, and really made the sibling's lovestory so beautiful and captivating for me, and I'm sure it's their chemistry that mostly won many other fans too I mean, even with all the incestuously romantic dialogues and body language, if the actors don't have any good chemistry together, then everything would just fall flat and become very fake and forced and unconvincing. I mean just look at Francois & Sarah Ramos in Francois' new series Midnight Texas, even though they both played a couple in that show and they both had plenty of romantic scenes together, but they lack any chemistry together, so all their scenes together in the series just seems so forced and awkward and not convincing at all, even with all the romantic dialogues and body language their characters had in that show, their lack of chemistry made the Manfred & Creek romance very unconvincing and forced in Midnight Texas and made them a very unpopular couple with fans of that show. It's a stark contrast to Francois' awesome & natural chemistry with Holly and their brilliant performances in The Borgias of course all the dialogues and body language between Cesare & Lucrezia helped, but I think their brilliant chemistry together played a bigger role in bringing the Cesare & Lu incest to life on-screen and really made the siblings' lovestory so captivating and believable I think chemistry between the actors is so important, if not the most important, because without the chemistry between the actors, everything just falls flat and the storylines and relationships between the characters become unconvincing. And Jordan did say that he thought Francois & Holly had too much sexual tension and romantic chemistry together, of course it was all over Jordan's own writing too, but I think Francois & Holly's amazing chemistry together really intensified the incest plotline far beyond Jordan's expectations. Even in the siblings' first ever scene together in the courtyard in ep 1x01 where Cesare & Lu both lay on the grass together, their very first interaction together in that scene was already very inappropriately intimate and incestuously romantic...but that whole scene would've felt very flat and fake if the characters had been portrayed by 2 different actors who lack chemistry together. I mean, imagine if Lucrezia was played by Sarah Ramos instead (who is already a very stiff and wooden actress to begin with) and Francois was filming that courtyard scene with Ramos, would that scene (or any of Cesare & Lu's scenes together in the series for that matter) have been the same or even remotely watchable? Of course not, if Ramos had played Lucrezia in this series, then all of her scenes with Francois would've seemed and felt so forced, unconvincing and cringe-worthy, just like all their boring & cringey scenes together in Midnight Texas. So hiring actors with good on-screen chemistry together is very important, it's what makes the storylines and interactions between the characters believable. And that's why I think Showtime, Jordan and the rest of the production team were very lucky to have cast Francois & Holly as Cesare & Lu, they were very lucky to have found 2 talented actors who had fantastic chemistry together I think there are very few other actors out there with the chemistry who would've been able to nail that incest storyline even nearly as well or convincing as Francois & Holly did

Last edited by LindaL100; 11-07-2017 at 08:30 AM