View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:37 AM
LindaL100
Obsessed Fan

Hi guys I'm back sorry I haven't been posting here as frequently as I used to, I've been so busy with work lately so I won't be able to post here as often as I did in the past.

Alex:

Well I'm only guessing, but it does seem to me that either Francois & Holly never auditioned together, or they did but Jordan didn't see it and it wasn't filmed...like Arinna mentioned, the only audition video available is the one Francois did with Jeremy Irons, so it was probably the only audition Showtime had filmed for PR purposes.

Anyway, they certainly got very lucky with casting Francois and Holly as Cesare and Lucrezia, we've already discussed so many times before just how amazing and brilliant their chemistry was, and their chemistry together was so natural too the awesome chemistry between Francois & Holly is undoubtedly 1 of the main reasons that made Cesare & Lu's incestuous romance all the more compelling and beautiful of course all the romantic dialogue certainly helped, but I think it's more because of Francois & Holly's amazing chemistry together and their brilliant performances that really made this forbidden lovestory between the siblings so special and epic, and made so many fans fall in love with this couple and sympathize with them and want to support them! Even though we know that incest is forbidden, but because of Francois & Holly's insanely awesome & natural chemistry together and their marvelous performances, combined with so much romantic overtones and storytelling, many fans couldn't help but sympathize with the siblings and wanting them to be happy together even despite that it's incest
I think if Cesare and Lucrezia had been portrayed by different actors, then Cesare & Lu's epic forbidden lovestory probably would not have been the same...look at Mark Ryder and Isolda Dychauk in the European version, while I do think Mark & Isolda had good chemistry together in the European version, but Cesare & Lu's relationship in 'Borgia' was far less compelling and no where near as heartfelt and brilliant as Francois & Holly's lovestory in the Showtime version. Maybe that's because there was much less focus on Cesare & Lu's relationship in 'Borgia', it just didn't seem like the incest storyline was that important in 'Borgia'. In comparison, the incestuous relationship between Cesare & Lu was 1 of the main and most important plotlines in the Showtime version, there was much more focus and emphasis on Cesare & Lu's lovestory in this version in comparison, the incest storyline was just so pivotal in this version that it even ended with Cesare & Lu's romance But aside from the fact that there was much more focus on Cesare & Lu's relationship in this version compared to the European version, I think the chemistry between Francois & Holly was also better than Mark & Isolda's. I think that insanely electrifying and naturally brilliant chemistry between Francois & Holly is really quite rare in showbiz...while I have seen many actors who have good on-screen chemistry together, but Francois & Holly's insane chemistry is really on a whole different level that very few other people could compare!

Arinna: Thanks for the gif