View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 04:23 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

The RUMORS ARE TRUE. YES!
Mal Young is already on fire since taking over the show. Doing more in a week than Sally did in her whole tenure...

JT is returning to the show.
Wonder will he do an Adam recast soon as well.

Quote:
youngandrestlesscbs Look who's coming back to Genoa City! Thad Luckinbill returns to The Young and the Restless as J.T. Hellstrom on Tuesday, December 12. #YR

As I mentioned on the News thread when this was just a speculation, the best thing about this is that the new fans can know who Reed's REAL father is.
Happy it won't be Villy 24/7.

Also Mal's new interview. ..

Quote:
"My style is very much each episode is a new day, so things move on. Now, occasionally I will break that rule and we will do what we call a direct pickup where we finish on a big hook and we pick up on that in that next episode if it's a big cliffhanger. But generally, if it's a Monday at home, it's a Monday in Genoa City. If it's a Friday, it's a Friday in Genoa City, so it feels like it's moving in real time," he explains. "I had to really get the writers inside my head about how to do that and to stop some old habits and create new ones. But right away they grabbed it and ran with it and loved it because it's actually quite liberating for a writer, and it's actually quite thrilling for a director and the crew and the actors to think of new ways to tell stories, because if we don't keep up and make the show contemporary, it just feels dated."
Source

I just noticed that his episodes have been like that as well. All of the episodes I've watched thus far has picked up the next morning. Kind of like it....