View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 03:33 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I am still not decided how I feel about this. I have been cheated on, but it was one of these cases where the person cheated on me, tried with someone else for a while (never asked for how long) and then broke up with me. I had no issues with the cheating. Till that day I do not feel bad about him cheating. I respect the fact that he was honest with me and at that point I was also not sure whether I wanted to be with him. I guess we both knew that we are not for each other, but were not brave enough to break it off. In the end I was thankful that he did it.

The relationship was toxic for both of us. I tried to break up with him numerous times, but he would get depressed, threaten with suicide and stuff and it was just not healthy at all.

On the other hand I believe that we meet people for different reasons in our life. And we could have special connection with people without being actually together romantically. In that sense we could be married to someone and not have the deep connection we have with someone else. Is this emotional cheating or not?

I still have not explored this spiritual aspect of my life and soul to be able to decide how I feel about cheating.

True and honestly even if the kid was old enough this is not a good reason. If the kid is old enough, they would pick up the issues parents have. I know a woman that cheated on her husband numerous times and her daughter was at some point decoy. It destroyed the relationship they had. They divorced in the end, but the daughter is still closer to her dad then her mother. She is even closer with her stepmother and stepbrother on her father's side than on her mother's side.

I was able to pick up the issues between my parents when I was still 5/6 years old. I would go to my mom and tell her that if she wants to get divorce I would support them. I did not want to watch them arguing all the time. And this does not mean that I do not love my father. I do and I have close relationship with him too. I love them both individually, but when I was younger them together was more annoying than anything else.

On the other hand though I wonder how his wife did not realize this. How absentminded have to be to not catch your husband with a co-worker of you both?
It sounds like your relationship and the cheating was horrible but deep down you knew the relationship was not meant to be. Sucks you couldn't have broken up with him without him throwing a fit and threatening suicide. Wow that's awful. How long were you with him? Do you ever see or talk to him now?

Yes, her using the baby/toddler at any age was wrong and ridiculous.

According to the second guy he had the "perfect" relationship with his wife and children. Yes, they had two children. They got along great and had a wonderful life together. But his excuse was it was too perfect, thus a little boring and he found excitement with my ex-friend. According to the ex-friend his wife was very nice and she backed up the story about their marriage being fine too. It was such a weird deal.

Shu, yes, both emotional and physical cheating can cut like a knife, it all depends on the situation. Sorry you have personal experience.