View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 03:50 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Search4Truth~ (View Post)
So Hugh, Dafne, and Patrick have to die this year to win Oscars.

Honestly, I don't even think any of them will be nominated unfortunately. I've been following what experts have been saying about who the contenders are, and none of them are in aggregate even in the top 10 contenders list. If any one of them actually gets a nomination, my guess is that it would be Patrick Stewart since he's at least getting a little bit more love than Hugh and Dafne. If Hugh gets an Oscar nomination for 2018, it will be for The Greatest Showman, but I don't even think he'll get one for that even though I can already tell his performance in that (plus singing and dancing) is way better than Ryan Gosling's performance in LaLa Land last year, which did receive an Oscar nomination.
Uhhh, no. No dying.

Yeah, Patrick Stewart also deserves a nod for his performance as Charles Xavier. It makes you wonder what things might've been like if all the X-Men movies were this good. Damn Hollywood. And you're right, even though Hugh, Dafne, and Patrick gave stellar performances, Hollywood's bias against anything comic book or science fiction will probably get in the way.