View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 01:07 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I love Faith/Buffy.

It doesn't compute to me that they had Buffy hook up with a girl in the comics and it wasn't Faith. Fuffy had the foreshadowing and subtext already there.

But I don't like how that story-line was handled at all. How they tried to make it like Buffy was 'experimenting' yet ~so hetero.

Satsu is a cutie though.
So Buffy turned Bi?

Quote:
Giiiiiirrrrrrl.

I don't think Joss cares about Cangel at all. Maybe he kind of liked it at one point, but after throwing his mantrum at CC, I don't think he liked anything Cordelia was a part of. He basically tries to pretend CC/Cangel never existed.
He seemed to be interested enough in the idea, he wrote WITW and YW illustrated that he did care to some degree as he wrote the final scene with that masterpiece of a kiss.

Although the episode as a whole was not initially meant for her, he ended up feeling that YW was a satisfying ending for Cordy.
Truthfully, he hadn't wanted the ATF appearance, that was writer Bryan Lynch's doing, but this was the only reason.

CC has publically stated that she and Joss have reconciled, so I'm told.

Quote:
Joss also said "[Angel and Buffy]’s the grandest love story I will ever tell. You can’t argue with that.”

I don't think he hates BA. (Though the Twilight comic arc would heavily suggest it!)
What's the order? Quote first or Twilight Comic arc first?
If the quote came first then the Twilight Comic arc could indicate that his opinion changed. It is possible for opinions to change.

As painful as this is to admit, I initially liked Bangel myself, very briefly. I blame the fact that I was in a Twilight hangover when I started watching AtS and BtVS (yeah in that order, I watched up until Faith's appearance in AtS before BtVS). Now I hate them.

There seems to be some double play from DB as well.
He's praised Cangel pretty hard. He even brushed Buffy aside as nothing more than a part of Angel's past in the midst of protest from an interviewer who was a Bangel fan (the interview was about where season 3 was going as a result of Connor's birth if I recall correctly) and stating that Cordy is what Angel needs but FuriosityShell once shared a quote with me where he called Cangel weird and said Angel's heart would always belong to Buffy.
*sigh* Oh David.

EDIT: Here is another fantastic fanfic:
Storm

Wolfram & Hart dropped Angel to the bottom of the ocean, not Connor (Connor doesn't exist) and erased all memories of him including his own but Angel and Cordelia's connection survived.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 10-29-2017 at 04:51 PM