View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 05:03 PM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
HELL NO!
Ugh, curse my hypocrisy because this is the exact reason (well one of two reasons) I can't find an ounce of respect for Bangel shippers in me but it's difficult for me to accept that Cangel must be left in the past.
Angel does have a right to move on though, I know that just like he had a right to move on from Buffy but I DO NOT support Angel/Fred.
I felt more of a brother/sister vibe from them.

I'd have voted Faith as Angel's new romantic interest. I believe they have something just about as strong as Cangel.
I'm the same. Like, obviously CA is my #1 choice but since that's not happening, I'd be okay with Angel being with someone else *if* it made sense.

Angel/Illyria makes no sense to me. Buffy and Cordy both made Angel more human, and brought out his positive qualities. Illyria can only make Angel more vampire. IDGI. She thinks of humanity as an "infection." Angel's entire purpose is to fight for humanity and save them.

Angel and Faith at least have the groundwork to start building a romantic relationship. They have a solid friendship and unique bond. They make way more sense to me romantically. (I'd rather see Faith's sexuality explored, but since the writers are determined to make her hetero, Angel is the best fit.)
Quote:
I've read so many recently, Cordy has it out with Buffy in the middle of class over Angel disguised as the class discussion of Romeo and Juliet.
I think that's one I recommended because I recall that scene. My Senior Year by Dock possibly?

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com