View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 10:37 AM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
There is at least one more Cordy mention somewhere.
The reference you've shared is the only one the Buffy and Angel wikia specifies but what I was told is that while in some kind of stupor, don't know the details there, Angel tells Faith to have Cordy hold his calls.

Quote:
Could you give me a few footnotes on what's difficult for you to get through
Sure.

I just feel like nothing has happened yet in season 10 (which is technically 2 but called 10). Faith and Angel are on opposite sides of the country so their interactions, which were some of the best parts of s9, are missing.

The first 10 or so issues are also focused on characters I just no dot care about. Faith is busy saving Riley from a jungle op gone wrong, and Angel isn't doing anything but drinking whiskey, having nightmares, fighting a pixie, and being followed around by Amy Madison, who wants to resurrect Warren and has his gross slop remains in a jar.

Then Faith finally came back to Magic Town (where Angel is staying) and I thought things would get interesting again, but then another character I don't care for showed up. Fred. Yep. Fred is back.

I just never really connected to her on the show. She had her moments but

So the plot became centered around her (with Angel being really touchy-feely and protective of her) and how she's in a fight against Illyria for control of her body. Now this could have been interesting because I did enjoy Illyria on the show, buuutttt tbh I found it too rushed and just not engaging. IDK.

Also I thought I was reading Angel&Faith not Fred&Angel. Blah.

There's also too much 'screen time' given to original characters like Nadia and Koh.

I'm on issue 16 rn and I still don't care for season 10. Hope season 11 is better.

Also it looks like a different person wrote season 9 than 10, so that makes sense.
Quote:
I don't know where but I've also been told that there is a Connor arc worth reading as he tells Angel that he doesn't fault him or even Wesley for his kidnapping.
Yes, you should def read it. If you liked the place Conner and Angel were in in the episode Origins, this expands on that. Their interactions were . Plus you get cameos of other good chars like Willow and Gunn.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com