View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 01:49 AM
Slayerette89
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the thread!

I think I enjoyed this ep more than the previous two. Not that that’s saying much, given how bored I was by them.

- “I self-identify as a loner.” Uttered in all seriousness at that. My cringey, pretentious son is back! I missed him.
- Cheryl. No sl for her this ep but she’s awesome even just standing there, looking pretty and gloating while ppl are arguing.
- The new girl (Toni?) is also pretty and I look forward to seeing more of her.
- Kevin coming to his senses. I agree that Betty had absolutely no right to imply his hookups are disgusting. But he was acting like a slasher character, running into obvious danger (which was appropriate for the larger slasher plot of the episode/season, I guess).
- The Kevin/Moose scene was kinda emotional.
- The Lodges have a nice chandelier. I love chandeliers.

Mehs and dislikes:
- How dumb is Archie? Buying guns, forming teen vigilante armies and listening to Hiram. And we’re only 3 eps in. Also, what is the school principle smoking to think that a teen vigilante army is a good idea? But at least that final scene with the Red Circle’s macho posturing made me laugh. Their stupidity (well-intentioned stupidity that did help someone this ep, but still stupidity) is bound to backfire at some point.
- The Lodges seem to have taken Blossoms’ place as the campy villainous family this season. Poor Veronica and poor Hermione’s characterization. But I guess there might be comedy potential in this sl too. I did find the Blossoms entertaining.
- Jug’s new school continues to be so cliché and OTT. All down to the students’ uniform fashion sense (on the plus side, their whole flannel-denim-and-leather thing is at least easy on the eyes).
- No Josie.
- No Cheryl/Josie.
- No Betty/Veronica, save for the cute little scene at the beginning.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote