View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 12:42 PM
worthyoflove
Elite Fan

OTB made 620K Monday. I really do think this might have the word of mouth/staying power to keep it hanging around in the top 10 for some time .

I mentioned this in the other thread but I'll repeat it here again...January 9th is the DVD release. I thought that seemed really soon, but American Assassin is due out a month earlier in December so I guess it seems about right.

I was trying to pick through scenes that maybe could have been eliminated to cut the run time but I felt like most, if not all were needed to move the story along/give us insight into where the character was at and what was coming. I guess, regardless of how choppy or time jumpy it was I understood why every scene was done. I'm not sure they could have cut the hospital scene because maybe we needed that last bonding moment between Mac/Donut to let us know that they were super close, close enough that Mac would sleep by his hospital bedside. But also I wondered if that was the excuse they used in the movie that Jesse made Donut the lookout, they make a point to have Jesse say, "how's that leg, think you can handle lookout" like maybe he was still kind of hurting and there was a reason they made him lookout.

Some reviewers have made a point that maybe this would have been better as a mini-series and do something like Orange is the New Black where yes there's a main character but each episode you'll branch out to meet one of the group.

That being said, again, I have a hard time finding any mention of Taylor that isn't positive. I was checking out some reviews today on youtube, this guy super enthusiastic about Taylor, calls him one of the best parts of the movie. Which, I agree, without that comedic element I think this movie loses some of its heart/lighter moments.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-24-2017 at 01:16 PM