View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 02:56 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

Most Heartbreaking Moment

{x}

BELLAMY'S DECISION TO LEAVE CLARKE BEHIND
4x13

So I could have gone for one of the deaths, which I almost did. But ultimately, as a Bellarke shipper,
this is the moment that breaks my heart the most. I can't imagine being Bellamy in that moment,
knowing that he has to leave her behind because it really is the only choice. But that goes against
who Bellamy is at his core. He is that person who loves others so much more than he loves himself,
so to have to make that decision must have been one of the hardest things he has ever had to do.
There is something so poetic about it, since he took her advice and used his head to make that decision,
yet it's still so tragic because you can tell it's breaking his heart. Kudos to Bob for getting that emotion
across even while wearing a spacesuit. It's a pivotal scene that marks an emotional climax of the ep.
And kudos to Tree Adams for the amazing musical score in the background, too. It's so beautiful.
All in all, this scene breaks my heart more than any other because Bellamy and Clarke became such
a huge part of each other's lives in the nine or so months they knew each other. It doesn't matter how
one chooses to interpret that relationship, because I don't really think it's possible to deny that much.
And knowing that this moment separated them for six years . . . rip my heart out a little more. Please.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

1. JASPER'S DEATH
2. OCTAVIA BEATS BELLAMY
3. LINCOLN'S DEATH
4. CLARKE HAS TO KILL FINN
5. OCTAVIA IS DISCOVERED ON THE ARK
6. BELLAMY FINDS OUT OCTAVIA IS "DEAD"

ICON