View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 12:36 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
up to where I've read, no. However he played a more vindictive role in the books when Abby moved back to Chesapeake Shores. It was still the same story with Wes' girlfriend Gabrielle doing a dirty deal. But Trace poses more of a threat, I think, for Abby considering his career path being a lot more stable in the books. I don't want to give it away, but towards the end of the book, Wes isn't so much of a threat. I think that's why we've barely seen him in the second season.
That makes sense. Where did you purchase the books, by the way?

Quote:
If their relationship can survive this, then yeah, I think a marriage proposal would be a definite next step. I feel like when they would say "i miss you" it was a premature "i love you" but their relationship, their grownup relationship wasn't there yet.
Yes, I have a feeling if we get a season 3 a marriage proposal will happen fairly quickly. The writer's also won't waste their time on Trace being gone on Tour either so hopefully the Tour thing concludes by the time we hit the premiere of 3 and then marriage proposal happens after that, even mid-season 3.

Quote:
Not take the family plane. You know Mick is quite the traveler lol But she could take time off work a few days for a long weekend here and there to visit Trace. It's totally possible. Not everything has to be one sided and both suffer in the relationship.
The girls could stay with family while she goes to visit him. She does have the money and the means, not to mention family to help out.

Quote:
It'll be a definite test in their relationship, but it's one they can survive. I mean they survived Abby leaving and coming back 17 years later. They survived she getting married and getting divorced and having two kids in between and figuring out how they can come together and have it make sense for everyone. They can whether six months
Six months should be nothing. Just hope Douglas stays away. I think the reason for this storyline is to show that they survived NYC and they will survive the Tour too.

Quote:
I'm thinking John isn't being so honest in what happened that night of the accident. Was he as paralyzed as he put to Trace. Now it looks like the accident never happened. I thought, even if John is walking, that the accident would be a bigger issue. In the first season, John was in and out of surgery just to stay alive. Now he's live and kicking with a family? I know sometimes it's bad writing. I just don't see John as a good guy. The way he's acting now...he's far from innocent. I think John went to bat for Trace with that warrant was because Trace wasn't completely at fault. No one talks about what happened that night. All they mention is everyone was tired and Trace shouldn't have gotten behind the wheel. Was Trace drinking? Was John able to drive but had been drinking. I just don't trust that John is telling the truth about that night. I don't think Trace remembers all that much or just isn't saying anything either. Was Leigh with them that night? Maybe she can clear things up? I see her being the mediator between John and Trace, oddly enough. I don't hate Leigh, I just don't like what she brings to the table.
I really hope this isn't bad writing and we will revisit the accident and what John is hiding. He has to be hiding something. Good point about Leigh being the mediator. She really does seem to own that role. Wouldn't it be something if we find out he was never severely neurologically impaired after all? He could have gone there to get insurance money and he knew it was wrong which is why he went to bat for Trace as a way to almost make it a right. We know money is a motivating factor with the band for him too. I hope they revisit all of this.

Quote:
If we do get a season 3, I want there to be a conversation about (either current or flashbacks) of Mick talking to Abby about the night and days after that Megan left. I know Trace is saying six months, but Megan said she would send for the kids when she got settled. Well, we know that story. Mark Hall said that if this tour goes well, it could be the first of many. So it's the same story. Trace promised six months. But what happens when the fast lane catches them and more tour offers with a lot of money and more music opportunities. What happens then?
Exactly. I believe the first Tour will blow up somehow. Maybe John's shadiness is a clue that it will happen. I just don't see this Tour lasting that long. The players involved (John is shady, Leigh wants in Trace's pants) just aren't stable enough and Trace ideally wants to be with Abby and have the Club. It will blow up.

Quote:
this is what pisses me off. the story is great, the ratings are great, but yet we are sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if we're gonna get a season 3.

what scares me is that it'll turn out like the end of Rookie Blue was. We waited, waited and waited some more to find out we weren't getting a season 7. Like we just got blown off and didn't matter. The ratings were great on there too. I know ABC is a bigger network and things are different with bigger networks versus smaller networks like Hallmark.

I just don't want to say goodbye to this amazing series.
I don't either. It should be a no brainer it's immediately renewed. I have no idea what the network is waiting for. I don't know much about this network but if I remember the discussion on here a while back... historically the network gets rid of their series fairly quickly. However, Chesapeake Shores should be the exception. This series is breaking all kinds of records, it's a huge hit. All I know is if the network stupidly doesn't renew then maybe Netflex will grab it, dump seasons 1 and 2 for viewers to catch up and then take over and air season 3. It would be fantastic actually.