View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Musickat18
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
I actually think a romance or genuine relationship is possible, and here's why:
Perhaps I should clarify my previous statement: I don't believe a 2-way romance is going to happen in this movie. The movie is picking up right after the end of TFA, with Rey having essentially just told Kylo he was a monster after seeing him kill his own dad. Now. Do I think it's possible for her to go to him for help by the end of the movie? Yes. I think the movie is going to cover a longer amount of time than we're used to because the trailer shows Kylo with a mesh on his wound and then later with a faint scar. As for romance, I mean I think Kylo had a crush () on Rey from the get go, so there's already romance in the equation. It's mainly Rey's feelings I'm talking about, why I say I don't think we'll get a two-way romance in this movie. I do think it's possible for Rey to realize there's more than meets the eye, 2 sides to every story, etc and to start to shed some of her hatred for Kylo and begin that journey towards loving him. But I think the romance wouldn't really be there for both of them until ep 9. If they were picking up the movie after a time jump (like between ESB and ROTJ) then I'd feel differently. But her feelings for Kylo were too much on the side of hatred and disgust for it to be believable that she'll fall for him by the end of the movie. I could always be wrong, but who knows. They could surprise me. They certainly did when they killed Han.