View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 12:30 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's wonderful that your mom loved JFK and RFK Michelle and that your father liked them too. I remember that they announced JFK's assassination at my Grammar School in New York. I was in 1st Grade. I went home and my mother was crying. When RFK was assassinated we went to St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City to view his casket, but the line was long and it was really hot and my sister fainted (I was 10 and she was 8) so we went home.
My mom was in school too when she found out about JFK. She couldn't stop crying. She said they shut down the schools and everyone went home because it was too emotionally chaotic. JK Rowling absolutely loves both JFK and RFK. She's made it known throughout the years. She specifically talked about RFK and his fight for the poor. The Harry Potter Series is set up in a way that singled out racism, elitism, poverty, etc. She creatively displays the so many wrongs in this world and the awareness that is needed to change things. She's also called out republican presidents in the past who were terrible and stood for all the wrong things. But yes, her love for the Kennedy's is one of the first things you learn about Rowling.

Quote:
I admire John F. Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy so much as everyone can undoubtedly tell with my avatar and signature here.
You have every reason to admire them. There were true fighters for the people. Their lives were far too short. I don't understand. They were making a difference while so many others live well into their 90s still standing up for the rich while trying to take away from the poor, women, and so many other despicable things. It's not fair.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-13-2017 at 12:36 PM