View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 10:44 AM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
I just feel the fact that Rex dying alone changed history it is Nate's fault for telling her - Why didn't she get a mindwipe - hell it was Rip that convinced her to go back to her time - why didn't she get a mindwipe of everything that she went though after Rex was killed - wiped her of everything of her time on Waverider and Legends
100% agree and yes Rex dying made zero sense because according to the rules, that in itself should have been a time aberration... because he died way earlier than he was suppose to die. The Rex we saw in season 1, KNEW the legends and said that Mick told him to go back to that time to tell the legends to not go o the Waverider or something.

I just feel it's the writers/showruners being inconsistent with these time travel rules to fit whatever story of the episode they are trying to tell....

I feel the reason why Amaya wouldn't get her memory erased is because people might feel it's not fair. My whole issue is that life isn't fair. But according to the time travel rules, you can't return a person back to the past with all their future memories intact because of the huge chance of messing up the future. I've been complaining about this since season 2. I do not feel that should change for any character even if it'll be a painful storyline to right... sadly Amaya life is connected to others.......
And one little change can make a HUGE change in history.

I think the group just feels they can trust Amaya to not change anything. I just feel that's too much to ask of anyone. Like if you know a bullet is coming, your default response will be to prevent it from happening without thinking of history consequences.