View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Purplerose82
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Okay, that part of the argument I agree with. Bays and Thomas were a little too zealous with their misdirection and their narrative about how people change over time, and how people might not be right for each other at one point in their lives, but then as they grow and change over time they end up being right for each other later on. Yeah, we get it. But I do agree that the writers overdid it, as well as overplaying their misdirection for the sake of a surprise ending. They needed to lead up to Ted and Robin getting back together a bit better and not waste so much time with that other pairing, you know?
Well, I agree to a certain extent. They didn't work because of life goals. That was really the main obstacle. It's when people say they were incompatible. I feel that Ted brought out Robins soft and emotional side where as the other relationship made her an insecure, screaming hot mess. It was a missed opportunity in season 9 to put more focus on Ted and Robin but I guess they couldn't make their endings to obvious