View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 05:51 PM
sunnykerr
Fan Forum Star

Obama's a great example of someone who didn't engage all the people who were constantly criticizing him on social media (including Trump) or on TV (see FOX News reporting over the lat 10-12 years). How long did it take for Obama to address the rampant birther nonsense? What, six years? And he did it with humour. Did he ever respond to Hannity's 2013 rants over his daughters going to the Carribbean for Spring Break? Meanwhile, Trump's children are visting his businesses all over the world, with a full Secret Service detail and the kind of accomodation that come with, all on the taxpayers' dime, and I don't see the U.S. media reporting on that.

Nah, the way I see it, we're so used to Trump being able to say completely revolting things that we're still treating the things he says as entertainment, rather than a the actions of the most powerful man in the world. We're so used to seeing him make everything about him and ripping everyone off to his own advantage that we think it's normal when he continues to do it from the Oval Office.

I don't think people having an opinion about the President is a problem, especially not in a democracy. I think your country had a whole impeachment trial because Bill Clinton got a few BJs in the Oval Office when he was "supposed to be working on the nation's behalf" and no one bats an eye when the current president spends more time on Twitter than all of my teenage relatives combined.