View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:19 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I was just wondering about him, really. More so when he's going to come back and disrupt everything. Well, he can't disrupt it more than Trace and Abby did themselves. I know Wes said in the finale that he was getting a job closer to Chesapeake Shores, but how close? He gave custody to Abby, as long as he could still see the girls. So, where is Wes? They don't seem to be missing him either.
Does Wes play a large role in the books?

Quote:
They've had so much hardship, it was nice to have a simple moment that was just them. I just hope it's a foreshadowing moment for them in what it's gonna be like when Trace returns home from the tour.
I hope so too.

Quote:
I'm kind of sad that Trace hasn't had some screen time with the girls outside of the moments they had in the park. Even if Trace doesn't want to be that stepfather, yet, he's still in Abby's life a lot. That would confuse the girls, I'm really surprised it hasn't been bought up. I know Abby introduced Trace to them as her friend, but when does the conversation go from friend, this is mommy's boyfriend or sometime down the road fiance. With Trace saying "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" hints that when he gets home and they still want to be together, he's gong to propose. It's no doubt about it. I'm shocked he hasn't already. Maybe if we had 22 episode seasons, he would have But alas, we don't
I thought when he sort of got down on one knee in the episode before the finale (I believe) it seemed like huge foreshadowing that a marriage proposal was in the works. I actually thought it might have happened in the finale but it didn't. I think a marriage proposal is coming very soon in season 3, if we get a season 3.

Quote:
Possibly. But I think Trace does need to follow his dreams, for him. If Abby was able to go, if there were no Caitlin and Carrie, he would always make sure she was happy and putting himself second.

It always wonders to me that if Abby came back and she didn't have the girls whether she never had children or they were in New York with Wes. How would everything have changed. Abby's holding back a lot because of her girls. She doesn't want to bring too much on them. They already watched their parents divorce, moved to a new town, going to a new school and then mommy has a new friend. But what if none of those really happened? Would Abby be Trace's groupie, so to speak? Would she just move into his house and know that she would be with Trace forever?
So true. Abby's children play part in how things have turned out. The other thing is the family is wealthy. Not just Mick's money but Abby has money due to her career too. She could easily take the family plane (they have a plane, right?) and spend time with Trace during these six months. She does have the means to go there. But with the girls, it's definitely not possible.

Quote:
I think the show has a lot of those foreshadowing moments. A lot of the O'Brien dinners seem to be speaking to the audience about family rather than speaking to each other and enhancing story lines.
Absolutely.

Quote:
So let's take out the accident theory and the wheelchair theory, it seems the show has What is John's angle. If he just wanted the money, why not just make an album and forget the tour? Does he really think he's going to get ALL THIS MONEY by just being on tour? Touring is great, touring is more for exposure of the album they made. It's more about endorsements. Does John think this one tour is going to launch a career for the Trace Riley Band and he's gonna have millions. I don't trust anything he has to say. He's not just tired, well maybe tired of thinking it's all about everyone else. The whole tour business doesn't seem like a great idea with him involved.

I've had this idea for a while, never mentioned it because I thought I was overreaching. John seemed very forgiving of Trace about the accident when it came to Trace, sort of, being let off the hook. He said they were all tired and it was the right thing to do.

Trace says they were all going really fast. If Mark Hall is any indication that of how things went in Nashville and the group had no idea what they were getting themselves into, yeah, I agree, it was probably going at a fast pace. But how did John forgive so easily? When Trace went to visit him at the house and John answered in a wheelchair, he seemed to not want Trace in his life at all. I didn't think John would give him the time of day. He chose to come back, no one forced him. It's like he's using Trace's guilt into him being able to do or say whatever he wants. I just hope that attitude changes before the whole group is in the same place it was all that time ago but only this time, there is no getting up and going again.
Agreed. The only thing I thought was good on John's end was by going to the prosecutor and supporting Trace. You have to wonder if he went there though to thicken the guilt Trace would feel knowing John also went to bat for him. He did reject Trace right after that and it wasn't until later (with the band a possibility again) that he seemed to have forgiven him, rather quickly like you said. I just don't know what his motives are. He continues to come across as shady, always having something up his sleeve.

Quote:
I agree. Trace promised Mick his full investment back, he even talked about surprising Mick about his management skills. How would a conversation go with Mick that he was leaving? Does Mick know that Trace is leaving and leaving for six months? I guess it's tiny details and everything is in place to make the club work with Trace gone. But honestly, Trace has so many ties in Chesapeake Shores that don't revolve around his music career.
Absolutely. The other thing is Mick might be pissed that Trace left Abby too. It might remind him of Megan leaving for NY and what that felt like. Granted, Mick brought that on himself but he still could connect with the pain of Megan leaving like Abby is feeling the pain of Trace leaving too. It will be interesting to see how Mick reacts to Trace leaving the club and in his mind, leaving his daughter too.