View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 05:22 PM
One Thing Remains
Moderator Manager

sometimes I rewind the Klingon scenes because they switch them so fast I want to make sure that I was able to read everything. So far I haven't missed anything but it feels like I have because of the fast switches

on skipping the Klingon scenes! I am not really enjoying these Klingons as much as I have in previous series. I have not started skipping those scenes yet though. I don't care for the whole "messiah" martyr storyline going on with them so that is why I am not enjoying them much. They seem like they are just a bunch of followers and like they need a cult and cult leader to follow in order for them to work together on anything. I have never gotten the vibe that Klingons are followers or would be so easy to rope into joining a cult.

I liked the ep last night. I wasn't too surprised that Landry died. She should have been smarter than that.

The creature is really intriguing. I like that it's not the predator that we thought it was. And that everything it did was because it felt threatened. It must either need or like the spores a great deal. I still want to know where it came from. Seems so odd that it could live in the vacuum of space and somehow find it's way onto the Glenn. Which makes me think it was created by the experiments. It seems to me that it was causing the creature pain to be used as navigation in conjunction with the spores. I think that is probably what happened on the Glenn. The creature was being tortured in that chamber so the the Glenn could do huge jumps and it ended up finding an opportunity to break out and it took it. It destroyed the crew and the Klingons because it felt threatened. I hope they can find a way to navigate with the spores that does not require them to torture the creature. I went from thinking this creature was a horrible, dangerous predator to feeling sorry for it in one ep.

I found the scene between Michael and Saru in the room where the animal was caged to be so telling. I love that Saru called her on her motives and pointed out that what she did to Saru was underhanded and not right. She should have been upfront about why she wanted him in that room and not tried to trick him into being where she needed him to be to test her theory. I also love that Saru told her she would fit right in with Captain Lorca. It shows that Saru is not blind to the way that Lorca does things and runs the ship. While I do not believe that Michael is as shady has Lorca she does definitely use manipulation of others to get what she needs.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote