View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 01:24 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Absolutely!

I would have been livid as well, but I wonder how much the episode would have changed if the show hadn't been cancelled. Would it have run like it did with the exception of the ending where we saw Madison and then we saw Ephram going in to call her while Amy was waiting outside by the Ferris Wheel? If so, I would have been throwing things at the screen.
Apparently that is precisely what would have transpired. Everything would have been the same, the entire episode, minus that last scene. We would have seen Amy standing at the Ferris Wheel with Ephram dealing with Madison's phone call.

Quote:
I was really happy that we got that scene where Amy basically said that her "love" for Colin was more of a concept than an actual feeling and she compared it to wanting to marry Big Bird when she was 6. By the way, I just watched that scene again and I started crying. God I loved that show!
That scene was so beautiful! I remember in the past we had debates on whether Amy truly loved Colin or not. It's almost as if Berlanti read those threads because he made it clear in this flashback Amy did not truly love him. It was a crush, an immature crush.

My heart almost stops when Ephram tells Amy he thinks you can have a Soulmate. I seriously just got goosebumps on my arms thinking about this, typing my thoughts to you. That part is so phenomenal. The connection between Ephram/Amy is off the charts intense/compelling even when Amy's still suffering from depression and they're with the wrong people at the time. They are STILL drawn to each other.

Quote:
I totally agree that it was completely unnecessary to write Laynie off the show and replace her with Hannah, and it represented another misstep made by Berlanti and the writers.
Three things will always bother me in an otherwise amazing, magical, off the charts high quality show:

1. Chucking Laynie
2. Madisongate
3. Amandagate

Those three things didn't have to happen. 3 was the result of 2. 1 is just like you said, a misstep. I remember people talking about maybe the actress wanting off the show but there was zero evidence out there about Nora wanting to leave. Nothing. I really do think it was the decision made by TPTB only.