View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 02:31 PM
break the window
Fan Forum Hero

Patricia's recap from 2x10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Chesapeake Shores 2.10 FREEFALL

I was wondering that too. But my guess is that he was going to tell her that he loves her considering the end of the episode, he does it with such power and it didn't seem like an in the moment thing.

I'm glad the girls are loving Trace around. But did they realize what Trace being around means? They love their father so much, how would they feel about another man stepping in and not trying to fill that role, but be like that role. Have that father figure presence. Right now it's just like he's a friend of mommy's and likes to hang out with. I'm hoping the writers will put something in there that will show some kind of challenging transition from having Trace as just a friend, to having Trace as a father figure.

Maybe this is why he seems to have a stick up his ass all the time. He hasn't let go of the past, the past where everything was go, go and go some more. Now that it's go time again, he expects it to be the same. Everybody wants a piece of the action that is the Trace Riley Band. It's different now. It's not just four kids on the road trip of their lives. John has a family, which he only sees as himself making the sacrifices. Then there's Trace who has Abby by his side now and a potential family with it too if things lead to them getting married. I just hate how John acts like he's the only one making sacrifices when he can just simply walk away.

I really thought Douglas was going to ask out Abby when he was in that conference, room, I was waiting for it. I really think he's the version of Leigh that is with Trace. They are in the same world, almost cut from the same cloth. You know it's going to lead to Abby needing someone by her side and she's going to be working with Douglas more. What's going to keep Douglas making a move on Abby. He knows she's with Trace, but Trace is going on tour for at least six months and who knows how long after that. I see this as a time to fight for what they want rather then let life pass them by.

Awesome, Kevin runs into Sarah! I love how they clearly communicate instantly, with Kevin filling her in on his new apartment and paramedic training. Of course she is proud and asks him to help her with the art booth. They are so reuniting!

I'm bored by all the band stuff too. Trace talked about walking away, not being apart of that life now, and now that they're being thrown a tour, and all this other stuff, he's on board again. Is Trace like John in chasing the money, too? It's kind of like they rewrote history with John now not being in an accident and Trace letting go of Nashville because of John's accident and everything was going too fast. So, is the show rewriting history or telling a new tale?

I would never have guessed for Kevin to be this into a girl before. I always seem him as the cool guy, the one that didn't obsess over a girl before. Now Sarah's in the picture and he's going to his sister for advice. It's just a new side of Kevin we've never seen and it's really nice.

I want to think that Thomas will be good to Connor when they really start working together. But I get the feeling that Thomas will get greedy and use Connor against Mick to get the information he wants. I just don't trust Thomas, although I can't entirely trust Mick either. There's just so much bad blood between them that it's hard to know which direction they're truly going.

I just don't see what Bree saw in Simon. He's really blah as a person to me. She didn't like him when she first met him and hated his book. Then they started dating, or whatever it was. I'm glad she got rid of him. I can honestly see him turning into Simon, really, I can. He submitted her manuscript without an even hint. Sure he may not discourage Bree, on his terms. But he blatantly stole her manuscript. That's something Martin would do. She wasn't ready and not really sure she wanted it published in the first place.

These two are far from over. I know he's going to return and they are going to pick up right where they left off.

It is so heartbreaking! Watching it gets me everytime and I've seen it like three times and it still hurts. The look in his eyes, his entire body language, it's just heartbreaking. He finally gets Abby again, they are in a great place, he's building a relationship with Carrie and Caitlin and now this happens. I just don't understand. Well, I do understand. Trace wouldn't go if it meant he didn't have Abby's blessing. Of course he wants to go, he wants a second chance, but not if it meant losing Abby. I know they're gonna find each other again in six months and it'll be a magical reunion. But at what price does it cost for Trace to be on tour? They were offered more tours if this one goes well, which you know it will. Mark Hall saying you can't have it all, of course you can.

It's like Abby broke up with him a second time. The first time she just left and Trace was broken, having to pick up the pieces when he finally realized she wasn't coming back. He found out she was marrying another man and then she had children with this man. Then so many years later, she's breaking up with him again. I'm not trying to make Abby the bad guy here, but she's the one who's breaking up with Trace

Well, she did say not to tell her goodbye. But in a way, I think him kissing her on the cheek and leaving was his goodbye. You could tell that Jess knew it that he was leaving in that moment and he didn't have to say it. I just hate that Jess finally found herself a great man, and then he leaves. For good reason, I'm not saying David is skipping out on her. But he was totally not honest about where he came from. I mean if she didn't order those books and mistakenly ordered as many as she did, would she have found out David was from a wealthy family. When David's father was sick, how would he explain away his absence. I think with Jess and David getting involved, he should have told her, instead of her finding out on her own.

The flashbacks hurt, they still do as I type this. At the end of the performance, it was clear that Trace knew Abby made the right decision. He couldn't go on tour and not know how she felt about it. She had his blessing. If Trace had any inclination that it was the wrong move, that he thought it would have worked out differently, he would've run after Abby. He would have tried to change anything he could. Trace just knows how it feels to lose her once and so unsure what will happen when he comes back home, will she be there?

this is no way says series finale in every step of these character's stories. I just hope the 3rd season is just as a wonderful tribute as Seasons 1 and 2 were.
{EphramAmy}
patricia