View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 02:30 PM
break the window
Fan Forum Hero

Michelle's recap from 2x10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellet (View Post)
Chesapeake Shores 2.10 FREEFALL

Trace and Abby having the picnic in the park where he serenades her was so full of cheese yet I was eating up every moment. So adorable. I wonder what Trace was going to say to
Abby before the children interrupted. They love Trace so much and he is all in when it comes to being there for them. Love the quick kiss and Trace off having fun with them.

Megan nervous over her speech is hilarious. I can relate. I hate those type of speeches! I'm shocked no one immediately figured out when Bree brought out an old portrait she found in the attic the mystery man in the picture was a past love of Gran's. She made it pretty obvious but no one picked up on it.

The Trace Riley Band... I think John is a prick (Patricia, we still haven't figured out why he's not neurological impaired anymore but he's good as new! ) but I can see why he's wanting to make a living doing music and actually getting paid. I even mentioned up thread Trace is in the perfect situation making money running the club yet the other two are basically doing gigs for free. I get why he wants to make it big and have being away from family mean something. I see why contacting Mark really is a good decision.

Oh man I called the tension between Mick and Connor over Connor working with Uncle Thomas a while ago. Connor really should have told Mick right away. I can see why Mick is a bit hurt. Then again, Mick should understand he doesn't have clear communication with his children and really never has so his expectations should lower a tad.

No, go away Douglas. He's attracted to Abby, you can tell. He basically does whatever she says. He's using the business stuff to get closer by asking her opinion, calling her a straight shooter. Whatever, go away, Douglas.

Awesome, Kevin runs into Sarah! I love how they clearly communicate instantly, with Kevin filling her in on his new apartment and paramedic training. Of course she is proud and asks him to help her with the art booth. They are so reuniting!

More band stuff... going to go to sleep while it's on... boringggggggg... Anyway, Mark gets to even see Abby this time around. So a six-month tour opening for a huge band (with an extension for longer as well) all over the US and even overseas.

Bree and Simon still not totally doing it for me. Initially I liked them but now they're just blah. Glad Jess interrupted, lol, and told them David is quitting... okay so David has millions, or his family does. I figured something was up and mentioned up thread he never got paid, there had to be a reason why he was able to function without getting paid. Now we know! Poor Jess... David reveals this bomb then tells her he has to leave for a while due to family stuff. Sucks to be Jess. She opened her heart which is difficult for her to do and now he's leaving. Kevin joining saying he is not over Sarah and they are in the friends zone now was hilarious, lol.

Mick and Thomas... such tremendous actors but this brother war over business is kind of getting old... Thomas lets Mick know he found out Matt Fox backed out of the deal. Mick doesn't need Matt then Thomas conveniently mentions Connor. Was that slightly devious of Thomas to mention Connor now? Is Thomas working with Connor to get under Mick's skin? I really hope not.

Like the scene with Megan rehearsing her art walk introduction speech to Abby and Gran and accepting feedback while Megan encourages Abby to see the positive.

Oh Trace, you will regret saying no to the tour. He will eventually blame Abby for not going and that is not a good thing. I can see why Trace is scared though... he doesn't want to leave Abby. He says club too but it's ideally about Abby.

Jess and Bree and their quirky moments together are always fun. Interviewing the new chef while David comes clean about having millions. What a both funny and dramatic scene. David not telling Jess who he was does suck. I can see why he wanted to get away from his family though for a while anyway to explore being a chef.

Oh man, more stupid Douglas now meeting with Mick and Abby to discuss the land trust. Douglas is now intimately getting to know Abby's father and uncle. Too much information and knowledge. Go away, Douglas.

Of course the siblings and Gran would tell Abby Trace’s decision to stay in Chesapeake Shores instead of tour is not a good one. Gran, Jess and Bree all express their disapproval of Trace’s decision, and they are right about Trace possibly resenting Abby. He does have to go just like Abby had to go to NYC. They are drawing a huge parallel here showing that Abby had to leave and they found each other again and now Trace has to leave and they will once again find each other because they are meant to be. But Trace has to go on tour.

Bree dumps Simon. I actually can understand why. She got rid of a powerful, controlling jerk in Martin. Simon really did have zero business sending that in without her permission and I can understand why she'd be reminded of being with controlling Martin when Simon pulled that crap. I can understand why she broke up. Maybe it was a bit harsh and drastic but seeing it directly from Bree's point of view, I understand why she cut him loose.

David and Jess are so cute... David is giving cooking lessons to Jess. He tells her the inn is going to be okay, but she tells him that doesn’t mean she will be. The hug was adorable. So heartbreaking that Jess tells David she cannot hear a goodbye. I don't get why they don't just continue to be official but long distance while he's gone? I guess they sort of are but it seems a bit more distant and up in the air than that... I don't get why they just can't be long distance but still totally official in a verbal way. Oh well, they are not over, they can't be!

Abby telling Trace he has to go on tour is so heartbreaking. What a sad scene. She's letting him go because she loves him and she left for NYC, now he has to leave and go on tour. The writers are definitely going with a clear parallel here. As long as they reunite it's fine but this is difficult to watch. Trace says he loves her and says he doesn’t think he can handle losing her, again. She tells him if they were meant to be, it won’t be the end. So sad if even hopeful.

At the art walk, Thomas and Mick have an exchange of words once again. Thomas tells Mick he is heading back to California but Mick bursts his bubble and tells Thomas he is packing to fulfill a childhood dream of visiting Peru and that he brought on a new investor for the land trust, which screws over the California plans, lol. Oh these two.

Jess, Abby and Bree together talking at the art walk, staring at the black and white framed photo that Bree found earlier is such a sweet scene.

Megan gave a great speech at the Art Walk by taking Gran's advice. Trace Riley Band gets going, David kisses Jess then leaves, Kevin gets an email on his phone telling him he has been accepted to Stanford’s School of Medicine while Abby just watches Trace perform with tears in her eyes. Watching those flashbacks and all they've been through is utter sadness... heartbreaking! Now I guess they have to even the score... Abby left for NY now Trace needs to leave on tour. They will find their way back, they will, they have to!

I LOVE that Kevin and Sarah reunited! I wasn't expecting it. The irony is they were in the most distant place yet they reunite while Abby, Jess and Bree are either apart from their romantic interests or broken up.

They absolutely are setting up for a season 3. I hope that means it's official or will soon be official. Way too many storylines were up in the air... definitely felt like a set up for season 3. I hope so!

So sad some couples I love were open ended (Abby/Trace and Jess/David) but I have no doubt they will work things out. Sibling feud still in place and Connor now working for his uncle complicates matters. A bit disappointed we didn't receive a Mick/Megan scene. No sign of Gran's illness either throughout all of season 2. I wonder if it'll come up in season 3.

Really liked this season. I hope there's a season 3!
{EphramAmy}
patricia