View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 08:30 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Me too! Stephanie goes up for woman of the year compared to Madison!
Absolutely!

Quote:
Honestly, Jerry, I believe if we would have seen Amy standing out by the Ferris Wheel while Ephram was talking on the phone to Madison I would have needed to check spoilers massively before watching the premiere of season 5 and maybe even waiting on the first few episodes until I realized what was going to happen. I could barely get over that witch Madison basically making fun of Amy in season 2 when she was depressed at the door wanting to speak to Ephram. I thought that was bad enough. But seeing Amy standing by the Ferris Wheel knowing it was going to be ruined due to Madison selfishly returning... I would have had steam coming out of my ears. According to Berlanti, Madison was returning for just a brief moment... a couple to a few episodes and then leave. She was originally going to to tell Ephram she was having second thoughts about the adoption and was thinking about literally taking the child back to raise. Realistic? Yes, this is Madison! She was selfish and never thought of anyone but herself. The only good news is if this would have been the storyline (Berlanti basically spelled it out that it was true) then it would have made her look even worse. Berlanti said 100% she wasn't returning for anything romantic with Ephram, and in the end, she would have left so we were left to assume she'd have second thoughts but then after meeting the family who adopted the baby, she would change her mind. It would have been awful seeing her stupid mug again but at least she wouldn't have lingered like her norm. However, no doubt, Ephram/Amy would have been very delayed, and probably wouldn't have reunited until the middle to end of season 5. Unacceptable.
I would have been livid as well, but I wonder how much the episode would have changed if the show hadn't been cancelled. Would it have run like it did with the exception of the ending where we saw Madison and then we saw Ephram going in to call her while Amy was waiting outside by the Ferris Wheel? If so, I would have been throwing things at the screen.

Quote:
Totally agree. Colin and Julia were powerful characters on the show and maybe even more powerful deceased. We found out Colin wasn't Amy's true love, he wasn't even a real love... he was more like a childhood crush and first guy she even liked. Amy even tells Ephram as much during the flashback scene when they're talking Soulmates in season 4. But Colin, along with Julia, still represented pulling together both families (Browns and Abbott's). There was a deep Spiritual component to the show that was beautiful. It was not remotely necessary to write Laynie off the show. Like we agreed, Hannah replacing her made it all the more frustrating.
I was really happy that we got that scene where Amy basically said that her "love" for Colin was more of a concept than an actual feeling and she compared it to wanting to marry Big Bird when she was 6. By the way, I just watched that scene again and I started crying. God I loved that show!

I totally agree that it was completely unnecessary to write Laynie off the show and replace her with Hannah, and it represented another misstep made by Berlanti and the writers.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy