View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I was thinking about how I would have preferred the finale of 4 constructed...

I am sure due to what the CW was pulling at the time, Berlanti didn't have a great deal of time but knowing what we do now, it would have been nice seeing an Ephram/Amy reunion around mid-season 4. That way we would have received half a season with them reunited and together again. I would have loved the series finale revolving around Ephram/Amy taking a trip together, sort of like a callback to when they first got together romantically at the end of season 2 and went to NYC together. Would have loved the symbolism there, and we could have had a going away party for them in the series finale. Maybe they would go overseas together or something like that. At the party Andy could have proposed to Nina (if they also didn't get together sooner) and it would have been a fun way to get both families together under the same roof before the final credits rolled.

Another option would have been a time jump maybe five years into the future and everyone gathering together for Ephram/Amy's wedding.
I completely agree with this Michelle, but I think that the cancellation was a last minute decision to make room for 7th Heaven because what was supposed to be 7th Heaven's Series Finale did good in the ratings, which was an incredibly stupid and short-sighted move on Dawn Ostroff's part, because 7th Heaven's ratings tanked the next season.

I also would have loved to have seen Ephram and Amy reunite earlier in Season Five instead of reuniting in the very last scene in the very last episode of the show. I also would have loved to have seen Andy and Nina reunite because Nina realized that she loved Andy and not Jake, instead of having Jake tell her to go back to Andy while they were waiting to board a plane to California. Yes, the Series finale wrapped up those storylines nicely, but I'll still always feel cheated.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy