View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Oh yes, very unusual. In fact... have we ever agreed on anything, past and present?

Quote:
I hated how Stephanie was so overconfident and dismissive of Amy was well. It reminded me of when Madison was the babysitter supposedly doing her job (but seducing Ephram instead) and Amy came to the door and Madison treated her horribly (even though sadly Amy was too depressed to pick up on Madison's disgusting behavior). I think both Stephanie and Madison felt the connection between Ephram/Amy and all they could do was strut confidence and arrogance in denial. Oh well, the joke was on them.
I completely agree, but I'd take Stephanie over Madison every day of the week.

Quote:
Stephanie really irritated me too. I also wonder if Stephanie would have stuck around once stupid Madison, the character who would never go away, would have returned. My guess is no. We would have received a horrible ending with Amy standing there waiting to express her feelings for Ephram right in front of a Ferris Wheel with Madison's return about the baby and the phone call spoiling everything. I just think there would be too much swirling around if both Stephanie and Madison were around, plus Ephram/Amy in limbo too. Madison wouldn't have been back for anything romantic (the illegal Ephram/Madison ship had sailed long before this) but it would have been overkill. I wonder if Stephanie even knew Ephram impregnated Madison and had a kid out there Madison went behind his back and gave up for adoption without telling him until it was too late. Maybe that's how they'd get rid of Stephanie. She'd find out the truth and either say goodbye, you never told me, or she'd say Ephram had a lot on his plate and to call when he figured it out, something like that. Then he'd either never call or call and tell her goodbye. LOL
It didn't appear that Ephram and Stephanie had a very deep relationship, so I'd doubt that he would have told her about Madison and the baby at the point we saw them. If Madison came back and they pursued this "get the baby back" or "find the baby" storyline, or whatever they planned to do I would envision what you said Michelle that once Ephram told Stephanie about Madison and the baby either Stephanie or Ephram would come to the conclusion that he had a lot on his plate at the moment and she'd be out of the picture. I would have hated whatever storyline they were planning with Madison, and I especially would have hated seeing Amy stand out by the Ferris Wheel by herself while Ephram talked to Madison, and I would have hated seeing Amy and Ephram kept apart again due to that witch.

Quote:
I don't get it either. Berlanti even started the process of chucking Colin's family by showing his parents in denial about his serious brain condition and then after he passed, suddenly Colin's dad is a heavy alcoholic who is unreachable, Laynie is basically distant from her parents. Immediately Berlanti wanted them viewed in a negative light almost. It was really strange and unnecessary. Laynie should have stayed. You are right, she was Amy's only true friend. It always bothered me that we initially received this close friendship between Bright/Colin/Amy as a trio when Laynie must have been around as well considering how close Amy and Laynie were. It was just dumb how Laynie was thrown aside all the time in key moments she should have been around. Yes, we already received a preview of jealous Amy in season 1 when Ephram/Laynie started mildly dating. Amy was fuming with jealousy hearing about them, even watching them ice skating. Amy took issue with their relationship then. If Ephram/Laynie would have dated in season 2, we could have seen a very depressed Amy over Colin's death but eventually very concerned over what was happening between Ephram/Laynie. It could have been the driving force behind Amy snapping back to reality, getting through her situational depression... not wanting to lose Ephram romantically... the jealousy, her intense feelings for Ephram being the driving force behind snapping the situational depression and wanting to live again. I always felt that scene when "Colin" shows up as a powerful one which allowed Amy to finally move on. A part of me would have preferred seeing Ephram get Amy out of her dark times. He was her reality, her future and it would have been awesome seeing Ephram reach her even in the darkest of times. Essentially we received this because Amy was ready to get back on track with Ephram once we removed the situational depression but I would have preferred seeing more Ephram/Amy interaction before this point. Instead, we had to endure Amy/Tommy and Ephram/Madison which was annoying and unnecessary.
It's weird that Berlanti wanted to move on from the Colin storyline and basically get rid of his family, including Laynie, but yet a good deal of Season Two was devoted to Amy mourning Colin and going through a situational depression over it, and we "saw" Colin several times that season, but I hated seeing Laynie written off the show due to this desire on Berlanti's part. Laynie was a great character and Nora Zehetner was a wonderful actress, and we ended up getting Hannah, who was one of the most insipid characters that I've ever seen. I also would have much preferred seeing Amy jealous over Ephram and Laynie's relationship and start to snap out of her depression due to that, and then I would have like to have seen Ephram and Laynie's relationship end amicably (or as amicably as any romantic relationship can end) because they both realized that he loved Amy.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy