View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 04:28 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I found Stephanie to have an irritating personality, and she seemed sort of pushy and she tried to act like she knew as much about Ephram's family as Amy did at Delia's Bat Mitzvah, when she had barely started going out with him. I agree that they wouldn't have lasted long even if Amy wasn't in the picture. I also agree that Ephram and Laynie meshed perfectly and I'll always regret that they didn't pursue a romantic relationship in Season Two and that we got stuck with Ephram and Madison instead.
I agree. I've never truly vocalized my feelings on Stephanie because I figured I was just an Ephram/Amy homer and totally biased, lol. It's refreshing hearing you state your thoughts because they are mine as well. Ephram/Laynie would have worked perfectly in season 2. Their break up would have been fitting as well... realizing Ephram was still in love with Amy even if he cared a lot of Laynie and Laynie stating she didn't want anything serious but their time together was great and a lot of fun. It would have been perfect! So bummed they didn't go there. I believe Berlanti just wanted to get rid of anyone and everything related to Colin after he passed away. He didn't want any ties to Colin which is really weird. Amy, Bright and even Andy and Ephram would always be tied to Colin. He couldn't erase Colin even if some of us didn't necessarily adore the character. Removing Laynie was completely unnecessary. I will forever despise this move, especially since we were given Hannah as a replacement and I'm sorry, but Hannah was a terrible replacement... borderline Mary Sue that royally got on my nerves.