View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 01:59 AM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

I just found this episode off. I agree that it was probably one of the worst of the season. Some things just made no sense.

The Elena/Jo conversation was weird. I mean, Elena finding out Jo was pregnant and then Jo finding out Kai was in the prison world like they never even talked about it? WTF. This is also the episode we are introduced to the “heretics”aka withes and vampires. And we are told there are only 6 in existence? Interesting. I’m slightly confused though because if they had magic why haven’t they been able to release themselves from the prison world?

I’m surprised Sarah Salvatore is still here but at least they are trying to bring this storyline to a conclusion. And as contrived as it is that Enzo actually knows Lily (and that she turned him) at least they are bringing him into the main storyline more. It is slightly too much information at one time though maybe? And the flashbacks were pretty boring…. They didn’t really need as many as they gave us… Also how come Lily didnt remember him??? Enzo trying to explain everything to Sarah in the car about Stefan being bad now and Damon being less bad was pretty funny though. I do like Sarah and sort of wish she had become a permanent character.

Stefan and Caroline were awful this episode. It’s time for this non-humanity thing to be over now. Candice does have a great voice though. And I did like seeing them hanging around one another for no real good reason other than that they just liked being in each others presence. lol. Even as “Evil” vampires. And I loved even more that after Stefan got his humanity back (thank God it didn't last long!) that he didn’t need a night to dwell on his actions, he was able to go after Caroline immediately.

I liked seeing Matt and Tyler again finally. It’s sort of hilarious that they aren’t even in on the loop of SC being evil and that no one bothered to tell them. Tyler standing up to them was hot. Stefan’s little dig about Tyler being a jerk to Caroline was pretty funny too. Matt trying to save Tyler was amazing. Poor Matty getting stabbed. Come on Elena, where are you? Go save your friends. lol. I guess she didn’t know about it but still…. I did like the scene at the hospital though. Matt is such a dummy not taking her blood though? I get why he’s doing it but come on Matt. This is part of the world you live in. If you don’t like it then leave Mystic Falls already. He does/did have a point by saying he cant hate vampires and then use them when he needed them, but if thats how he truly feels then he needs to do something about it.

DE SHOWER SCENE! I understand why Damon doesn’t want her to know about the cure. I agree that Elena suddenly missing being a human felt really forced. Maybe if she knew about the cure, but she doesn’t. So it just feels like its coming out of nowhere. Damon’s line to her about Elena never abandoning him was really adorable. I love that they can just talk about their problems. Their ending scene was really sweet too. I wish Damon had told her about the cure but we know he will…

Poor Damon when he found that Lily wasn’t actually coming back for them. I understand why she stayed away but she has a chance now to get close to them and it seems that she just doesn’t really care to. She cares more about her “new family” then she does for them and its sad. Lily getting Stefan to turn his humanity back on made sense but it was actually Damon’s words that did it, which I really loved. <3 I want more brother time.