View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:17 PM
brianitesince2001
Dedicated Fan

Showtime v. Netflix

Good morning!

This threw me for an enormous loop. So, it's this past August, I'm watching Ep 101 via Netflix and they’re on the hospital roof. I’m so looking forward to Heather Small’s Proud. I never hear it. I think I must be crazy. I re-play the scene. Now, I know I’m bonkers. Extremely confused, baffled, almost alarmed, I run to my computer!

Thank God the internet offered an explanation. So, my solution is: LyricWiki:Lists/Queer As Folk | LyricWikia | FANDOM powered by Wikia.

When I know there's an iconic song about to play like Battleflag by Lofidelity All Stars in 311 I hit pause, run into the computer room and play the song and/or find the scene on youtube. Not ideal but it saves me the Showtime $12.99/month LOL.

Believe it or not, blaspheme that I am, some of the Netflix music is actually better. However, some of their music I can never forgive or even listen to such as during Weapon in 309. They actually play some made up song that says something like “as close to satisfied as I can be.” !!!!!!???????!!!!???? Um, what now????? Not anything thematic like “I’m taking a huge risk here and opening my heart to you, AGAIN. Please don’t hurt me or walk away from what we have ever again.” Nope. Just some nonsense implying that it ain't all that a bag of chips but Justin is the closest thing I can come to at the moment to being satisfied. How resigned. How cynical. How hum-drum. How horribly sad, empty and hollow. That scene is pivotal, passionate, a bit scary for Brian. Their love's in burning orange like FIRE!!! Where's the passion, Netflix??

Yikes. Netflix makes that unwatchable unless you remove your closed captions and hit mute. If I leave the CC on my eye accidentally looks at the words for a split second but it's too late. My eye balls have already left their sockets and I'm getting tired of having to push them back in.

So, I always hit pause then run to youtube for some Weapon action; then rush back to the tv and ff until I see Brian grab the comic book. But, I actually like the Boy Wonder better than Let’s hear it for the Boy in 103 and the fast paced B/J Babylon dance music in 310 when Brian asks Justin if he wants to party like it's 1984 (sooooo clever!!!) is FAR better in Netflix. I've re-run the Netflix version over and over and over. That beat along with the look on Brian's face as he's dancing with his Justin is just. too. much.

And...dare I say????? The exquisite Save the Last Dance for Me has been replaced by some made up, similar sounding genre but the words are so much sweeter. Basically: They say all this stuff about all the fish in the sea but I knew we were meant to be. When we’re done with all this messing around we’re the only ones for each other.

*has to wipe self up off the floor after the prom dance each and every time and it's been that way for 16 years!!*

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 10-05-2017 at 11:30 PM