View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 09:45 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That's awesome. Yes, there's no way a triangle of sorts wasn't formed once you see how they both look at her, haha.
Haha. In this specific scene there was something more aside to the love triangle. Basically they were in competition. One girl (the antagonist in the series basically) left the team pretty close before the competition and decided to join the rival team. Not only she did that, but she also stole some of their moves. They had to come up with something interesting, original and difficult just a day before the competition to have chances against the other team.

The coach suggested this, but they all were a bit scared as they did not have enough time practicing this. So this scene served few purposes. The first one was to show her hesitation, to show the coach's worry and in the end to play out the sort of triangle once more (in reality the triangle is not actually exactly love triangle in the typical sense).

Quote:
So is the series kind of leaning towards the girl with the best friend in the future? Do you prefer one of the pairings?
No. For me is the other way around. The series leans to the second guy. If you look at the video you will see that she needs more time to grab the first hand than the second one. The guy is her best friend and she loves him, but in a best friend type of relationship. She likes the other guy even though she can't admit it to herself because he is a bit cocky.

When I said that the love triangle is not the typical one this is what I meant. The two guys like her, but she likes only one of them. The other one is her best friend and she loves him as best friend, but not for relationship.

The Season 2 finale ends up with a choreography they did to an old American song:

I think that they paired up the couples the way they want them to be in the end. In the beginning she is dancing with her love interest (who is the second actor in the credits after her) and her best friend is paired up with the antagonist (they already started to play this out). Also they specifically changed the song for the series because there is a point where they both sing and that is not in their official recording. Basically those 4 were and still are the main characters in the show. Luna is the protagonist and Simon is her best friend and they lived in Cancun. This is where Luna meets Matteo (basically there is a whole scene in the Pilot where they stumble each other on while they are skating) and later on Ambar (his girlfriend and goddaughter of later on Luna's parents' boss). Ambar pushes Luna in the pool (while she is with skates) and Matteo saves her. Luna loses her necklace in the pool and it's really important for her because it's the only thing she has from her birth parents. She is adopted. Matteo hears this and finds her necklace and gives it back to her. The first season's ends up with the same scene because she loses it for second time and he finds it. The Pilot is constructed in a way that it would tell you that Luna and Matteo are the main relationship of the show. Of course this could always change, but I still think that Matteo/Luna is the OTP. They specifically chose the actor that played Matteo. He never went for castings for this show. They called him and offered him the role. All other actors went trough a whole process to get casted. Only he was specifically chosen.

I prefer Luna and Matteo for two reasons. I like the actor that plays Matteo more. Not that I dislike the other one, I just like this one more. And Luna/Matteo have more sort of passionate chemistry. Luna and her best friend are sweet and all, but they kind of get boring easier because I do not see passion. With Matteo and Luna they do fight a lot more and they have things to work on (Matteo is a bit jealous and sometimes too proud to admit his feelings, Luna can't balance having close both Simon and Matteo and sometimes prefers Simon over Matteo) but in the end of the day they are more interesting to watch.

Those will be the end couples in my opinion:

Quote:
PS: I rewatched the Roswell Pilot today. I was over on the Roswell board, Max/Liz thread, and it caused me to fire up the Pilot. Makes me want to rewatch the series in full.
Wow what made you check the show again? Was there something specific mentioned that you wanted to check out?

Quote:
PPS: Have you seen the Chicago PD premiere yet? If so, what did you think?
Still not. It was out last week, but I was in France and I could not watch it. I am still not recovered from the trip so I am tired and have no desire to watch something after work.

Last edited by secretk; 10-03-2017 at 10:05 PM