View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 01:51 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I wanted to bring this post over from the last thread, where I answered the question where I thought that Lance Ito, the judge in the O.J. Simpson Criminal Trail, was incompetent:

For one, he allowed cameras into the courtroom which turned everything into a circus, and he allowed Simpson’s defense to intimidate him into making decisions that benefitted them. He also allowed the defense to discredit the police officer on the scene, Mark Furman, by unearthing old tapes where he had used racial epithets to make it look like Furman was trying to frame O.J. due to his race. Ito also faced criticism for seeming to enjoy the press and for allowing too many sidebars, recesses, etc. Overall, the O.J. Simpson Criminal Trial was a travesty of a trial that allowed a murderer to walk free.
Ito should have known that to simultaneously sequester a jury and open the courtroom to television coverage were conflicting decisions. The minute he allowed those tapes the case was destroyed. You could feel it. The prosecutors, I truly believed, knew it too. It was written all over their faces.