View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 09:47 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
See, that's the problem with Diana and Clark. Diana is a character of light and truth, but so is Lois. So anything that is D/C is going to just be a comparison to Lois and Clark, but in a way where it's always going to be a pale comparison...because so much of Clark has always been wrapped in Lois' faith in him, etc. Diana and Clark function as partners who understand what it's like to be gods in mans world, but beyond that there isn't much pushing to make each other better.

Bruce and Diana are always paired as sparing partners for a reason. Despite everything, they see each other as equals and they literally push each other to be better and stronger. And Diana becomes a good contrast to Bruce's darkness, while Bruce grounds Diana's idealism a little bit. And that dynamic is SO DIFFERENT from Batcat, where Selina always brings out Bruce's dark side that he wants to fight against.
Yes, they understand that side as Superman and Wonder Woman. She doesn't bring out the human side of Superman which I think he very much needs. And it's not a Diana problem... it's just so different. With WW and Superman, it's like partners at war. As you mentioned, gods to one another but nothing really much more.
Where as Lois is the person to remind Clark of his human side while also accepting his Superman side. He can do both with being with her.

And of course, another isn't with D/C and L/C is that it's literally pitting the MAIN 2 DC female characters against each other and I don't think that's fair as well.

And you also have the Bruce/Diana/Selina part correct as well. With Bruce, I think they do actually sort of bring out a lightness to them while also being flirty, like I remember this scene from the JLA animated series when they were dancing, and just looking normal. Or when Diana defended him to the JLA.
I love the quote of this thread title, "I don't think you've ever known a woman like me." because he hasn't, she's so unique and different from anyone he's ever met and that's probably what attracts him to her.

And yes, Selina brings out Bruce dark side which is probably why I did like it at times. Whereas other times I don't care for it much...