View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 05:47 AM
sketchie
Part-Time Fan

Sketch's Sketches

what's up everybody my username is sketchie and i draw sometimes
warning: this is, of course, going to be an image heavy posts. sorry, y'all.
the current update will be out in the open, but all previous updates are in spoilers.
serebii forums sister thread
tumblr . deviantArt . instagram . bandcamp

Okay, so, I do actually draw, my username everywhere else is thesketchqueen, and even here, sketchie should give it away. I work in a sketchbook, which means I have to take pictures, but I wanted to show what I've been working on. It'd also be a good a reference point for when I improve and such. (Then again, that's what a sketchbook's for, so...)

I'm not going to have a clear update schedule because lolno. I'm always open for requests, I can't say I'll do them (if you want something for sure done, that's what commissions are for) but if I'm feelin' it I'll do it. Feedback is always welcome.

~~~~~

Sketch Log
2017/10/02 -- You are Here.

~~~~~

okay folks so today we have a dragon doodle, my favorite sketch of this sketchbook so far, and two big pieces that i finished months ago that reflect my aching longing heart

170903 -- DRAGON
I'm not showing the rest because it looks weird, but look at this happy dragon who is loving life like we should.

170910 -- Summer's Day
I'm not over object heads. Clearly.

And onto the main event...

170605 -- On Melancholy Hill

Just looking out for the day
When you're close to me

This is one of my favorite Gorillaz songs, it's such a bop so I wanted to use it as the cover of my sketchbook. I loved the bright colors in the music video (you can tell I used it as my inspiration), and it was so fun to draw all the submarines. I used crayola markers and Prismacolor pencils.

170716 -- Transatlanticism

The distance is quite simply much too far for me to row
It seems farther than ever before...

I am on such a Death Cab kick, even now months late. Also this song is about long distance relationships, which I'm in. It hurts. A lot. This song is so watery that I did my best to give it that feel of rain,
sea, tears. (It's such a gorgeous song.) I used crayola markers, Prismacolor pencils, and oil pastels.

Like a bird in the sky, if I believed I could fly, why, I'd fly!
thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet, chase in the real world.
tumblr . deviantArt . instagram . bandcamp . art thread

Last edited by sketchie; 10-02-2017 at 09:26 AM
sketchie is offline   Reply With Quote