View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 04:15 AM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Do you watch The Originals? Is Candice King going to be in the new season and if so, will she just guest star or become a regular? Is TVD talked about on The Originals?
I don't watch the originals. I tried watching the pilot back when it first came on and just wasnt that invested in it. I like Klaus and Elijah but they aren't my favorite TVD characters so I just didnt really care much for the spin off. But I do want to watch the series once I finish my VPD rewatch because I think it will fill the void a bit.

Candice is going to be on the season apparently, there was a filming photo of her with a ring (from stefan) around her neck. But I am not sure how many episodes. I dont think that many and i think I read somewhere that she wasn't looking to date, just be a friend to Klaus.

I'm sure some characters on TVD are mentioned on TO but I dont think that often, its a pretty separate show and I think it had a different timeline for a while too but again, I am not positive because I don't watch it. It'll be interesting to see what sort of SL's happen. I know there was at least one episode where there was a "crossover" of sorts. And I think that Michael (Tyler) guest stared a couple times maybe...

Quote:
Do you know if it was Julie and/or Kevin who decided on killing him off? Did Paul want his character killed off?
I think they both decided on it. I think I read they had planned on it being Damon for a while too. They went back and forth with it. But they decided on Stefan because he was the shows "hero" and it made sense for him to try to make amends for all his sins as the ripper. And apparently by Stefan dying, it's forcing Damon to be a better man too because Stefan sacrificed himself for Damon.

I know that Paul and Ian both wanted their characters to die together and go out in a blaze of glory, which I also would have loved in a way, because ultimately, the show was about the brothers. But my DE heart is very glad that Damon got to live and be with Elena forever lol. Paul really encouraged the writers to kill Stefan, he really wanted that.

A lot of Stefan fans were upset because they felt he was still the better brother and didnt deserve that ending but to me, Stefan was tortured his entire life. He always felt remorse for the things he did and it ate him up. With Damon, I dont think that was the case. Damon was able to accept his nature as a vampire. So Stefan making that sacrifice for everyone and dying was his way of getting that redemption and i think in the afterlife, when he was reunited with his best friend, he was finally at peace. I think it was better for his character. And like I said, eventually Caroline will join him and everything will be peachy. LOL.

Quote:
I liked her in the scenes I've seen her in. I saw the episode I believe shortly after she became a vampire and Stefan was helping her figure out how to adjust. I liked their scenes together.
Yeah, that was 202 and that was the first time that Stefan/Caroline had a genuine scene together and everyone flipped out and I think thats when people really started to ship them. I of course shipped them after the pilot when Caroline said she was gonna marry Stefan but he rejected her. It was perfect to me. He said it was never gonna happen then he ended up marrying her. I think that was also when the writers said they felt the chemistry and knew they wanted to build a storyline there and in season 2 they became good friends.

Quote:
If there's a 10 year time jump they very easily could bring them back together maybe if Klaus is different. They might make it work this time around.
I think it also depends on if the show gets renewed. If its the final season then I cant see KC happening. They might hint at it as they have done for a while now. Klaus told Caroline in season 3 that he would be her last love. And in the TVD finale he wrote a finale that said he would wait however long it takes. I do like them together. They have great chemistry and I think Caroline makes Klaus better. But yeah, its really up in the air I guess and down to what the writers want.

I think the majority of TO fans are TVD fans yes, because thats how they were introduced to the characters.

Quote:
Excellent analysis of The Vampire Diaries Alexa.
Thanks Jerry.

After OTH I would say that VPD is probably my favorite show, at least in terms of guilty pleasures. lol. I realize its not the best written show ever but I always found it super enjoyable.

And thanks for the info on DC, I didnt know all of that stuff. I got into the series very late!

Quote:
Michelle, I wish I had kept the list of the original titles of the episodes, but I do remember that the Pilot was originally called "Emotions in Motion," "Detention" was originally called "The Breakfast Club," "Beauty Contest" was originally called "Pretty Woman" and "Decisions" was originally called "Breaking Away."
Interesting!

Quote:
Overall, in the final analysis, when I think of Dawson’s Creek, I’ll always think of two words: Wasted Potential. I think that Dawson's Creek, which once rightfully billed itself as “The Next Generation Of Television,” degenerated into a mediocre teen melodrama where "tortured teen romances" dominated almost every episode, and the concept of friendship was almost entirely lost. If I had to do everything all over again, I would never have devoted so much time to writing and talking about this show, because the show ended up disappointing me more than it made me happy. Oh well.
But if you had never seen the show and fallen in love with the characters and DJ wouldnt that be worse?

Most shows end up disappointing me in some way. Only 1 show (breaking bad) never did.

i've loved James in everything Ive seen him in. He's done a lot of different work. He was great as "james" (himself) in The B in Apartment 23. I recently saw him in an episode of Room 104 which he did a fantastic job with. Unfortunately you are right though, I will always see him as Dawson.

Josh I know has done some other things but the only big thing Ive seen him in since was Fringe and I think he did a great job separating his character as Peter from Pacey. I'd love to see him in something else as I think he's a great actor!

Quote:
1. Thought Josh was hot.
2. Hated Dawson because somehow James got in the way of Josh and his hotness.
I think #1 is a BIG one. Even I had a massive crush on Josh when i first started watching the show, but it still couldnt force me into liking PJ. For me, I am drawn to angst and story.

I do tend to like the bad guys, but not always. I wanted DJ. I shipped Jack/Kate. The main theme in most of my ships is BUILD UP. I dont like couples that get together too fast and I don't like couples without substance. And to me, PJ had no build up. They werent even in each others circles in the first few seasons and then randomly started being friends in season 3. I will admit their romantic build up in season 3 was decent but still, it was pretty fast in the grand scheme of things. They could have remained friends in season 3 and waited to go the romantic route in season 4 or something. IDK.

As far as the competition thing goes, that is just mean. I mean, when VPD ended I was in the S/E thread saying I was sorry about the non endgame and that i understood their frustrations seeing that SE were the main pairing for 2 solid years. I still liked SE as a friendship and talked about their final scene together etc. I never gushed about "winning" in the triangle. I was happy to have my endgame but man, people need to be respectful. I remember some people in the KC thread were the same, just bashing Stefan to no end because he and Caroline got married.

Some people just need to chill a bit and realize its just tv. LOL.