View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 07:39 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
^ Sounds interesting. Let me know how you like it.
It is weird. Sometimes it shows reality that luckily we didn't live in, but other times you realize that we still had not changed that much.

The show focuses around 5 women and they are the focus on the show. Men are mostly to complicate their lives or to cause the drama.

One of the women is married to a guy that cheated on her repeatedly. However she can't divorce him without losing her daughter as at that time the kids stay with the father. She was pregnant, he beat her and she lost the baby.

The female protagonist witness how a man killed her best friend. A male detective accused her of the murder and told her that she has two options - the death penalty or to steal for her. She of course chose the second option. So she started working in a telephone company. At that time there was no direct connection like now so they had women to connect and direct the calls. She started as such. It was interesting to see how the women mistreat each other in the company. I would say that this is a thing that we see even now.

Anyway it turned out that the boss is actually childhood friend of hers. They came to Madrid together, but some man stole her luggage. She tried to get it back, but the man accused of her stealing and she ended up in prison because you know at that time women were just below. So they lost touch. They meet each other again, but he is married. They kiss and the bad police guy takes a photo of the kiss and starts blackmailing her. She has to steal something else for the company. To do this she gets close to the son of the company's owner and basically starts relationship with him.

It's sad reality really because you know that we are lucky to not be born at that time. Still however a lot of people get disrespected like that and there is nothing they can do to help themselves.

I like the fact that there is show that not only focuses on women, but also focuses on the issues we have and on the way we could be mistreated.