View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 09:15 PM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

I really loved the episode in general, it was a great episode. As a series finale it worked, it had a lot going on and I loved all the characters working together. It wasn't the most amazing finale ever but I thought the writers did a pretty good job. There were lots of moments that made me smile. I didn't get sad watching it like I normally do with finales, but maybe thats because I watched it a few days later and during the day time or something? Or maybe I have just lost a bit of love for the show. But either way, I thought it was a good ending to the season...

First, lets talk about my dislikes:

- I wish they had put a new intro in or at least the old one for the finale with the finale characters. It was kinda sad watching the opening titles without Stiles or Derek.
- We got a great Scott/Derek hug, but Stiles didn't get one from Scott? Or Lydia? In general Scott/Stiles didn't have much in the episode which is sad because they are the shows biggest friendship or at least, they were. That was definitely one of my bigger disappointments from the episode. We barely even got to see them working together.
- We got a tiny Allison mention which was great but I wish we had gotten just a bit more and maybe more for some of the other characters that were important too like Kira or Isaac. I realize they didn't have a lot of time but still.. I would have been nice to at least hear their names.
- I found it a bit odd there was no reaction/conversation from Jackson about Stiles/Lydia being a couple and same for Stiles realizing that Scott/Malia were a couple. Again, I know they had limited time but even an eyebrow raise from Stiles when Scott and Malia kissed would have been easy to do.
- I don't love the adults on the show but it didn't seem like we got much of them. Especially Scott's mom. I was maybe expecting a scene with Stiles and his dad as well as Scott and his mom. But I was okay with their screen time.
- Bringing in Kate just in general felt a bit useless. I also really didn't like them bringing in Jennifer again as part of Dereks fear. That whole sequence could have been scrapped for some other meaningful scenes. And it didnt really make sense to me. We hadn't even seen Jennifer in so long, it felt weird. There were a few other characters that barely got utilized but we only saw them for a minute like Scotts dad and Scotts mentor (blanking on his name) but they could have been in it a bit more...
- Stiles and Malia should have had a moment for sure. At least we had some Jackson/Lydia interaction.
- Stiles in general didn't have a whole lot to do this episode which was unfortunate. They should have utilized him a ton more. He is arguably the majority of the audience' favorite character.
- Biggest disappointment by far was the lack of Stiles and Lydia interactions. I said it in their thread but it wouldn't have taken much to throw in a small kiss or some more affectionate scenes/interactions. Like, they could have at least been holding hands in the last scene. Or they could have had a small hug after their reunion. It kinda felt like they were friends again and not actually dating which was even more annoying when all the other couples got some nice romantic scenes.... I'm trying not to be bitter because at least they were together on the series but still... definitely felt jipped after all these years shipping them.

It would have been amazing if it was a two hour finale or if the writers had written a two parter and used 619 as if it were part of the finale. They could have fit in so many more meaningful scenes.

Now onto the good.

- Theo and Liam are adorable. I love their interactions in the recent episode and those two have really amazing chemistry together. I loved the scene where Theo saved Liam and then they told each other they wouldn't die for one another but they would fight together. Their fight scenes in the episode were really enjoyable and I hope that we get to see more of them in the spinoff show if it happens. They are fun. Theo's development in general was really fantastic and I loved the little scene at the end where he took that guys pain away. It was a great moment/scene.

- Seeing Stiles and Derek pop up in the intro was amazing. Stiles just bring something extra to the series. Whenever he is around it just makes it feel so much more like teen wolf. I wish he had a tiny bit more to do but I loved his humor this episode. Him throwing the mountain ash was a great moment. We also got to see some dark!stiles again which was really fun. In general seeing the gang together was really great. I also loved Derek this episode. I found the Jennifer stuff to be a bit weird but other than that I loved Scott and Derek working together. The Scott/Derek hug was cute. I also really enjoyed the little Stiles/Derek montage of two scenes. So funny and brings it back to their original banter. I love that Derek was part of the ending sequence as well.

- Seeing all the cameo's from the original cast members was cool. I was really glad when Kate killed Gerard. I also loved the Corey and Mason scene, it was sweet. It didnt bother me that we didnt get to see too much of them because of the spin off... Scott's mom(cannot remember her name right now lol) and Argent were pretty cute together at the end. The montage of scenes in the last bit of the show was a nice touch. Coach was hilarious, I loved both of his scenes and I was so glad that they managed to fit him into the finale. Stilinski's moment in the episode was really amazing, one of my favorite moments in the episode. What a bad ass.

- Scott and Malia were really adorable, as usual. They had so much this season so I was fine that the finale was a bit light on them and Malia in general. The kiss where she helped bring back his site was a great moment. I also loved their ending embrace. Scott was PHENOMENAL this episode. He's never been my favorite character but he is the main character on the show so I was glad that the focus was mostly on him. The scene where he blinded himself was so gross but also really cool and showed his strength and his dedication to his friends. The little Allison mention was great, I love that she was at least brought up.

- Jackson was an MVP this episode for sure. The scene with his tail was sick but awesome. I also loved the ot3 moment with Stiles and Lydia. Him telling them he was with Ethan was really funny. I love that Lydia already seemed to have an idea about it. I was happy to see Ethan and Jackson reunited and then their ending little moment together. Its great that Jackson was able to find some happiness.

- Lydia didn't have a whole lot to do which was a bummer but I did enjoy most of her interactions. Her scenes with Stiles were subtle but cute. I loved the little pat on his shoulder when they killed those guys. I also loved when she grabbed Stiles' hand during the Scott/Malia kiss scene. It was obvious she was thinking about her first kiss with Stiles. I also liked their banter scene in the beginning and the ending looks to one another. oh, and Stiles getting jealous when Lydia hugged Jackson.

- In general the last moments of the show were awesome. I was okay with the villain chick getting away because it gave the finale a purpose in those last minutes. I loved watching the whole gang meet up and come together and Scott mentor a new wolf. It felt very angel-esque to me with the show ending as they go off together. Scott talking about all his friends was great and I especially loved the little glance to Stiles and Lydia when he said that they were only humans but they were incredible and blah blah blah.

I am definitely gonna miss the show even if I lost a bit of interest over the years. And I will definitely check out the spin off just to get my fix. Hopefully some of the original cast members will cameo once in a while!

Last edited by Alexa; 09-26-2017 at 09:23 PM