View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 12:48 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I completely agree with what you and Betty are saying here Michelle. I liked Laynie a lot, and what I really liked about her was how she liked and appreciated Ephram right from the beginning, unlike Amy's other friends and to a lesser degree Amy herself. I think that they could have had a great relationship and he could have helped her get over Colin's death, and it would have been intriguing for Amy to see her best friend in a romantic relationship with the boy that she loved but couldn't admit to herself that she loved, and there was so much untapped potential in an Ephram and Laynie romantic relationship. It would also have been intriguing to see Ephram having torn feelings between a wonderful girl (Laynie) who really cared for him and that he had a great relationship with and the girl he loved from the moment he met her (Amy). I always felt that Hannah was poor substitute as a best friend for Amy because she was as dull as dishwater and Amy pretty much forced herself on Hannah as her new best friend, just like Hannah was forced on us, the audience, as Amy's new best friend and Bright's mismatched love interest, so I would have much preferred that Laynie stay on the show rather than getting Madison and Hannah.
Agreed so much on Laynie.

Hannah was dull as dishwater... So true, Jerry. I know back in the day there were a lot of fans who had severe issues with Hannah. Then on the board some newer posters liked Hannah so the ones who had a problem with Hannah kind of toned it down out of respect for the ones that appreciated Hannah. This board really has always been mature, even adjusting to the tone of the board and opinions of our posters. Well those Hannah stans are gone now so I don't have to be as politically correct. lol

I could never relate to Hannah. It was more than obvious Hannah was a version of Rina and as a result, the character was forced on us while Laynie was out the window. I will forever be irritated that Hannah basically dominated the screen in season 3 while Ephram/Amy and their romantic relationship were shoved aside. Rina was essentially writing aspects of her childhood through the character of Hannah and everything else became secondary in season 3 while she was the showrunner. It always made me a bit uncomfortable because it wasn't natural at all. I also found it unrealistic that Amy and Hannah would become BFF (with Amy forgetting about Laynie) let alone Bright falling in love with Hannah too. It was all so unrealistic to me and I could not fully digest the situation.

Laynie never should been shoved aside. She should have been around in seasons 3/4. Madison clearly was the biggest mistake of the series. Her mug shouldn't have entered the screen for one second. I would say Amanda ever entering the picture was a minor mistake and even Hannah entering the screen was another minor mistake I believe as well because Laynie should have remained. She was a big part of the series and I will forever be irritated that she was thrown away for a very boring, Mary Sue in Hannah.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-24-2017 at 01:09 PM