View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 08:00 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I agree that the Madison storyline should not have happened. I wish it was an Ephram/Laynie storyline instead. Ephram did need something for himself season 2..something to build up his confidence while pining for Amy and not being able to have her. Laynie would have been perfect for this, and not such an offensive character. She would have made so much more sense.
Ephram/Laynie would have been the best choice/storyline. We could have received a drawn out version of what actually happened between them. They could have had fun together. It didn't have to be this serious, dramatic relationship either. It could have been pure fun. We could have seen them go to the movies together and laugh at the lame movie in front of them, a high school sporting event while they made fun of the product on the field, gone on a trip into the mountains, etc. They could have had a blast together. Laynie didn't strike me as the type that was looking for anything heavy either. They could have had a romantic relationship that was casual, fun, without a serious tone. When Berlanti wanted to break them up we could have found out Ephram was still in love with Amy and Laynie was going away to school somewhere (if they were dedicated to bringing in Hannah instead of Laynie ) or she didn't want to be tied down anymore. The break up wouldn't have been messy and they would have remained friends. It would have been perfect.