View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 01:19 PM
sourburst
Fan Forum Star

Had rejection emails for them all.

EDIT: Bringing this over, because it's relevant to this post and discussion.

Some of you may or may not know, that I suffer with severe depression. The past year I've been suicidal, had endless anxiety attacks, a nervous breakdown and even taken time out of my duties here to concentrate on my mental health. I tried to quit university 2 months before I completed my 3 year degree and my better half convinced me not to... thanks to his support, I graduated with a top degree in Creative Writing and Film Studies. I was happy, genuinely happy... for a day. Yesterday, it hit home that further education studies (after school) had been my life for 9 years. I didn't know anything different. I hadn't made any future career plans, and all my friends were in jobs or doing PGCE's. I had an anxiety attack and broke down, I cried for 3 hours straight, didn't eat and slept all afternoon. When evening rolled around, I told myself "change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change." I promised myself I'd pull myself together and was up until early hours of the morning researching routes into my career path. I didn't quite understand it, but I signed up for a few websites and today I received a phone call from a Teacher Training company about working for them in Primary School's in my area and I couldn't be happier. I feel like when I hit my lowest of the low, my spirit in overcoming change, gave me the luck I needed to receive this call. I feel like i have been blessed with an amazing opportunity. Needless to say, I am very, very nervous about my interview next Thursday about enrolling, but I refuse to let my mind sink again. I'm no longer going to tell myself I'm not good enough.

Last edited by sourburst; 09-21-2017 at 04:44 AM