View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 11:40 PM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Completely agree!

This is precisely why I want Jerry to see the earlier seasons because I have a feeling he didn't see Peyton in a positive light in season 5 and I feel like if he sees seasons 1-4 he's going to understand the situation much more, and will see all the characters differently.
Season 5 definitely isn't the best season for Peyton and the first 4 seasons (& S6) show her in an much more positive light imo. It's the same with Leyton really.

Quote:
Maybe he could have given the mother of his daughter a chance and the three of them could have given it a try with Jenny. Then if they wanted to bring Jake back he could have said they tried, it didn't work and they shared custody or something.
Sounds good, definitely would have preferred that to what we got and hopefully Peyton is out of that situation in that version of it.

Quote:
I don't remember precisely how it all went down. I just know that Sophia got very upset with the Brucas fans because of their behavior and she didn't understand why they supported a pairing that was not meant to be supported. If she could have, she would have converted all of them. But overall, she just thought the Brucas fanbase was verbally violent.
Sounds like Sophia haha and I'm wouldn't really be surprised if she confused that some fans who claim that Brooke is their favourite character, but then ship her with a guy who treated her as badly as Luke did.

Quote:
Absolutely. Some dropped the show all together and some complained and openly admitted that the show was horrible since Leyton left. I respect the ones that admitted as much.
I respect them for that too haha.

Quote:
Exactly. Yes, I mean if they HAD to go with showing Peyton dating someone else it should have been some unknown dude that she stopped talking to, period. It didn't have to be Julian. I would have preferred seeing her focus on her career too. Hilarie was already into music having the gig on MTV. She was a natural when she was anywhere near music as Peyton as a result. I loved it. I could also watch Peyton drawing with a pencil and paper forever, lol. I just found Peyton so intriguing as a character. She was meant to be with Lucas, they made each other better people. But that said, Peyton was also special just being Peyton on her own... I would have loved seeing Peyton in non-romantic storylines focusing on career, her dreams, desires.
Honestly, even if it wasn't for Julian who Peyton dated, I don't think they should have wasted flashbacks on it. Hilarie definitely loved her music, and that's why she connected with that side of Peyton so easily. I think Peyton was just an much better written character from Luke since they mostly focused on relationships for him and plus it was obvious once they lost the basketball aspect for him, they really struggled to find something to replace that void for his character and Chad was aware of that imo.

Quote:
Lucas/Lindsey were a hot mess and if we were forced to see them on the screen, they should have ended no later than mid-season 5. It was a complete waste of time otherwise. You are so right to show the BL and LL parallel. It's totally there which is why we didn't need a rinse and repeat of the same crap.
I would have preferred for them to end in 5.02 after Luke found out about the book singing It annoyed me that Mark tried to parallel S1 BL and LL in this situation, since no one wanted to see that lol.