View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 02:08 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Jerry, you really owe it to yourself to watch Seasons 1-4 of this show. They are the best episodes of the series with season 6 being the exception.
Totally agree. Seasons 1-4 and 6 are TRUE OTH. Season 5 is a complete mess. No one acts normally in this season. It is certainly not the season to judge the characters. It's just not a good season.

You really should watch, Jerry. I've been wanting you to watch for such a long time. It's on Netflix. You just might discover what all of us already know... Lucas/Peyton are an amazing relationship, one established from day 1, they are the Ephram/Amy of the show. Brooke and Lucas are Pacey/Joey. Put it this way... Pacey and Joey had a better emotional connection than Lucas/Brooke. I despise Lucas/Brooke much more and not because I felt threatened. Lucas/Peyton are the Ephram/Amy of the show and you see that in The Pilot. So I wasn't threatened. I was just so sick of watching them without an emotional connection, just having sex, and there being zero substance to the relationship. Brooke/Lucas were revisited only because of Chad/Sophia. It was such a joke and completely off the wall how it all came to be. Joke. Hot mess. Thankfully Mark didn't lose his vision of Lucas/Peyton because we were constantly reminded that they are THE pairing.

When Sophia Bush comes right out repeatedly and said she shipped Leyton it was everything. She understood what the story of OTH was all about... Lucas, Lucas/Peyton, the relationship between the two brothers. Those were the main themes. Sophia Bush wore a Lucas/Peyton t-shirt supporting them. She never wavered. I admire her for this. It would have been so easy for her to go with the flow and even get caught up in the triangle because of personal feelings either way but she didn't. It was always Lucas/Peyton because she was intelligent and understood the story being told.

Quote:
I admit that Brooke grew on me in later seasons, but as Michelle said, Brooke did some really despicable things early on. I will add that Peyton never had to grow on me. She had me at Hello.
As Shu labels her... "High school Brooke" is awful. If I made a list of characters I loathe on every show I've ever watched Madison and Brooke make the top two of my list.

Peyton had a heart of gold. She's one of the most unique, beautiful characters on TV. I adore her. It's so easy to fall in love with her from day 1 like we all did.

Quote:
And...you will like Chad Michael Murray in this show...flawed..but a good person and very likable.
I loved Chad in the role. I love Lucas.

Quote:
You really do need to give this show a try...from the beginning! That's your homework assignment. Listen to the teacher!
Haha You have to listen to your teacher, Jerry.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-15-2017 at 02:14 PM