View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 09:15 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
How vocal she was about how she didn't like Brooke made me like Haley more lol and I loved how supportive she was of Peyton in S1, so I wished it stuck that way.
I remember cheering while Haley was ripping Brooke to shreds. Yes, I loved how supportive she was of Peyton in season 1 too. I think that's why season 5 bothered me so much.

Quote:
Yeah, I really loved the scene where Brooke figured out how Luke still felt about Peyton and her response to his answer was great. I love how when Brooke finally figured out that Luke would always love Peyton, that she never wavered from that. I think it should have been obvious after 5.07 how Luke felt about and how he never cheats just for the sake of it. I wished Haley apologised to Peyton about putting all of the blame on her for what went down with LP for the kiss and the proposal too.
I really think Haley needed to apologize. She should have said something to Peyton or even Lucas.

Quote:
I didn't like that either and tbh it kinda made Jake look like an knight in shining armour who could make all of Peyton's issues disappear and it made her a little bit pathetic tbh. I didn't like how the network forced that storyline on Mark and I'm glad it blew up on their face. Did she say anything pro LP while Brucas were still together?
Yes, for sure. Jake wasn't the king of mature either. He knew it was wise to keep his daughter away from her mother but I never thought it was a good idea to bail and hope for the best. Of course it would eventually catch up to him. It did make Peyton look weak when she was anything but. Glad it blew up too. I do believe while Brucas was together she made comments about the main story being Leyton. Brucas fans loved Sophia but disliked how negative she was about Brucas. She never pimped the ship and was always pro-Leyton.

Quote:
The only time Leyton didn't get anything while Brucas were 'together' was the second half of S2 and that's mostly because Peyton was with Jake at the time. There was just way too many hints when BL were together in S3 for it not to mean something for LP in the long run. I don't think he really did, but at the same time he needed something to drag LP for a bit longer and going back to BL gave him that opportunity to do that. Still was pretty clear where his heart was when it came to triangle though (similar to Luke's too lol).
Absolutely. I think then Mark was trying so hard to separate Leyton to make an already screwed up storyline more believable.

Quote:
I think way more Haley stans disliked Brooke than vice versa lol, since Haley propped Brooke quite a bit from what I hear.
This is definitely true. It came up a ton on the live episode discussion threads.

Quote:
I think that might have been true, but some of them definitely didn't like Taylor so I'm not sure how true that statement is. From what I've read, they just start liking her more when she started being an better sister to Haley and stopped making everything about her, something Brooke had issues with S8 and 9 lol. That whole storyline and I don't really get what Mark was thinking there lol.
No clue either. Just not good, but then again, nothing was really good in seasons 7-9.

Quote:

It's annoying that Lathan were one of the most important relationships of the show in the first six seasons of the show and Mark'e ego ruined it. How would have added in place of Clay?
No one. Not kidding. Fighting like hell to get Chad and Hilarie to guest star a couple episodes each of those three seasons should have been Mark's focus instead of trying so hard to replace Lucas and Peyton.

Quote:
Okay, cool that the show took advantage of her singing ability. I don't really get why they Julian changed for Brooke, especially since it's not like she didn't love him in S6 or anything. So Alex won by ending with Chase? Hahah
I wonder if Julian being with Peyton in the past was something they wanted to erase entirely so having Julian change showed his dedication to Brooke? I've got nothing. I honestly don't know. I just hated the change. Yes, basically. Chase was a stupid character if you ask me. I couldn't believe Mia and Alex liked him so much. Alex got smart in the end.