View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 05:00 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I was actually pretty shocked that Haley didn't really call Lucas out on anything he did in S5, since she certainly had no issues doing that previously.
Exactly. Haley was so vocal with her Brooke hatred in season 1. I loved it actually. Haley thought Brooke was a joke personally and not remotely the right fit for Luke. She knew this. She also knew Peyton was far from a joke and definitely the right fit for Luke. She basically said as much multiple times in those early seasons. Why she would have stopped going there after the time jump is an annoying mystery.

Quote:
It did really annoy me that she was still thinking that LL were meant to be after Luke cheated on her so willingly, and that's not even mentioning his behaviour from the episode before the kiss, which was pretty bad imo and Haley saw that first hand. No offense, but if Brooke can pick up on the fact he was clearly still in love with Peyton without really spending any time, it should be pretty obvious to his best friend from childhood, Even after she made the connection with the Comet, I still feel she was too passive with him and should have pretty called out on him cheating on Lindsay at that moment and how his actions showed he was hiding his heart again.
Completely agree. It makes zero sense. Great example using Brooke. Brooke was also directly involved in a triangle from hell with Leyton and she still could see the light about Leyton and what they were all about. She understood this from the moment she realized Lucas still loved Peyton, would always love Peyton from about mid-season 3 and on. She never thought anything else from that point forward and I give her credit for it. Haley was wavering, acting so out of character, like she hardly knew the situation. It was so weird. Comet connection should have hit her over the head which caused the convenient amnesia to shatter. She should have had complete understanding again but weirdly and annoyingly it didn't happen. I wish Peyton would have called her from Vegas and told her she didn't appreciate her for one full year.

Quote:
I think Mark might haven't been sure at the start of season of Jake/Bryan's availability for the season, so he give Peyton the cocaine issue, but when that scheduling got confirmed he dropped that storyline and gave her the Peyton/Jake/Jenny stuff we saw. I liked Jake, but I don't think that him coming back affected Peyton's storyline for S2 and not really for the better. The TPTB definitely wanted to take advantage of Chophia's popularity, so that's why they went back to BL in S2, but that doesn't change the fact that it made no sense whatsoever to happen. What pro LP comments has Sophia made?
I think that's precisely what happened due to Bryan's situation. I just hated how they made it seem like Jake was the only one able to help Peyton with the drug issue. Right. The network was ridiculous wanting real life and the small screen to collide together. I guess what actually happened on the screen before this time doesn't matter. Sophia constantly talked about Lucas and Peyton being the endgame pairing. She mentioned this more than once which really pissed off Brucas fans. She never wavered, never tried to pimp Brucas, she was always Team Leyton. She also wore a Leyton shirt at one of the functions too which absolutely pissed off Brucas fans. I loved it.

Quote:
The fact that Luke went from baring about to be in love with Brooke in an couple of months without really spending any time with her is honestly one of most ridiculous things that has happened on this show and that's saying something lol.
Agreed. There's some outlandish things that took place but this one tops anything and like you said, it means something.

Quote:
They are some moments in the second half of S2 that showed that Luke's poi of Brooke had changed, but still no reason why it happened and the closest thing we got was his reasoning for keeping the Peyton's box (which was so bad, but showed how the show had rewrote history in S2). The thing is, it just didn't piss off the LP fanbase either, since a lot of the anti BL fanbase didn't even like S1 LP lol.
LOL Exactly. It's just so stupid because the Leyton story continued even during the stupid Brucas revisit. We never saw Brucas in sync, balanced, emotionally connecting... just the opposite. Lucas/Peyton didn't go away in the least. I remember watching Brooke/Lucas during the revist and practically laughing during their scenes because Lucas wasn't into it and Brooke was crying every two seconds. I really wonder if Mark wanted the revisit. I wonder if it's possible the network wanted it, Mark didn't but went along with it. However, even if the network forced it, that didn't mean Mark was giving up on Leyton or writing Brucas as genuine. It was clear he wrote them in a SO not meant to be way. He was deliberate and spelled it out to the audience that it was going back to Lucas/Peyton.

Quote:
It just sounds like Mark was pissed his new creation wasn't well liked and tried anything to try and change it. Didn't the show do an much better job of making Quinn more likeable, since from what I've read most Haley stans preferred her to Brooke by S9.
I think you hit it... Haley stans liked her because she was a part of Haley. They didn't really care that overall the character was used for other things not really having to do with Haley, lol. But there were a few scenes between the sisters that weren't bad. I also didn't totally dislike Quinn as a rule. Get her around Haley and she was just fine. But get her anywhere near Clay and she became this passive, idiotic person. I still don't understand why she dumped the guy she was with for Clay. That was the other disgusting thing. Quinn was in a relationship when she met Clay. Sound familiar? Peyton and Nathan with Lucas coming in between them. The only difference is Nathan was borderline abusive to Peyton and they were doomed from the start. The guy Quinn was with was a really, really good guy who basically gave her the world... loyalty, commitment, love, caring. There was nothing remotely wrong with their relationship... but Quinn dumped him because she basically said he was boring, their life was boring, there was zero excitement. When she was around Clay, it was exciting and she was alive. It was so annoying and stupid! I remember how many people thought Quinn was ridiculous for dumping a great relationship for lame Clay. Tons of Quinn haters developed as a result of what she pulled in her romantic life.

But yes, I think season 9 you had a fanbase kind of divided... Brooke stans and Haley stans. Now they mixed together a little but it was really a battle of which character you preferred and that would dictate how you felt about storylines. Both groups wanted their preference to be the IT girl of the show in other words since they felt Peyton's usual screen time should go to their desired character.

Quote:
Didn't Nathan compare Clay nearly dying to Haley losing her mother too? Kinda sounds ridiculous, especially since he ended up crying over it, but where was that when Luke nearly had an heart attack and it was partially his fault? Honestly, I think it just comes off as Mark letting his ego over Chad leaving out of the show and the Lucas/Nathan relationship.
Would you have been okay with them just adding in Quinn without Clay into the show?
Yes, exactly. It was totally ridiculous and I absolutely think it was about Mark pissed off over the lack of Chad and Hilarie. I would have been 100% okay with Quinn only and no Clay. I would have embraced it actually.

Quote:
Agreed, plus I think Lindsay and Joy's chemistry really made you feel believe that they were sisters. I didn't know she was an singer, when did they do that on the show with her? I never really got why they changed Julian tbh, since I really his character (despite his relationship with Peyton lol).
Yes, Jana Kramer is actually a country music singer. In fact, she's way more of a musician than actress even if she figured out how to become an actress too if that makes sense. Musician first for Jana, though. Alex was a model first and eventually she was singing too. They had to go there to take advantage of Jana being a musician... she performed multiple times on OTH...

Here's one:

They had an Alex/Chase/Mia triangle. I was Team Alex, lol, and Chase ultimately only wanted Alex but Alex, in the end, chose music/career, and left to go on tour leaving Chase in the dust.

I think they changed Julian somehow for Brooke. I don't really understand why they went there.

Quote:
The funny thing is that I don't think they originally planned to use him that way and the writers actually planned to redeem his character (but that obviously changed). I think I've seen an few people who liked Chase and Alex together.
Yes, it was split between Chase/Mia and Chase/Alex. Alex "won" like I said, but she left him to go on tour and it wasn't even open ended. She just said goodbye and that was that.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-15-2017 at 05:11 AM