View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 09:41 AM
winterbird
Master Fan

Latest replies:
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird (View Post)
At the Deadline panel today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome (View Post)
Did anyone catch the live stream - I was on vacation in Spain and missed it!

Too early to talk about individual awards for Rachel? Probably supporting category again I would assume. The written reviews coming are stellar so far- esp for Rachel's Esti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikayla (View Post)
maybe i am too pessimistic but i don't think we'll see an oscar nomination for her this season. the movie still doesn't have a USA release. and i think its premiere in the UK leaves it out from the running for the BAFTAs iirc. with a strong campaign, she could get a "best supporting" but it really depends on the agency that picks up the distribution for the states

also, here's the current competition for best supporting actress at the moment - 2018 Oscar Predictions: SUPPORTING ACTRESS (September) – AwardsWatch

from what i've read so far, melissa leo has it in the can. octavia spencer will probably get a nomination too, entirely based on the fact that "the shape of water" is getting so much hype rn. but i don't know about the other three. i feel like competition this year is way more competitive than it was last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome (View Post)
Well - we can always hope!

The reviews on her performance are great. I did read the 2018 Awards Watch article - this was published right before the premiere so noone actually saw Rachel's performance. I kinda understand dropping her off the list since seeing other excellent performances, they moved other actresses up the list. I would be interested in an updated list.