View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 11:11 PM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Amy's childhood boyfriend died from a brain injury at the end of season 1. Ephram and his family moved to Everwood in season 1. Instantly, Ephram and Amy developed a strong emotional connection very similar to how Leyton did. They were just attracted, immediately emotionally connected. Ephram/Amy's connection was always very Spiritual too. There was this meant to be, soulmate tag to them. Colin was in a coma throughout a lot of season 1, and even he came to for a brief time, Amy was still very drawn to Ephram. Colin knew it too. Colin ends up passing away in the finale of season 1. Amy goes into a deep depression over his death. At this point, Ephram/Amy are best friends but very gray, they've kissed a couple times in season 1, they have romantically fallen for each other but when Colin dies, Amy goes into a very deep situational depression and it lasts throughout about 70% of season 2. In the premiere of season 2, she ends up basically telling Ephram in so many words she cannot deal with life or anything heavy. She kind of pushes him away. However even while she's battling depression she is drawn back to Ephram and wants to make it work with him romantically... but at that point Ephram starts dating someone else... let's put it this way... she's way more hated than Lindsey or Brooke seasons 1/2/3. LOL So the timing sucked and Amy never tells Ephram her true feelings because she wants him to be happy while she's a mess. They dance together so intimately as she's basically saying goodbye to him romantically. I bawled, lol. Amy ends up superficially dating someone in season 2 as well but it's not serious at all. There's scenes between Ephram/Amy where they are clearly jealous and make fun of who the other is dating. It's so clear there's jealousy/annoyance too. They basically had separate scenes mostly in season 2 for a handful of episodes BUT whenever they shared a scene, they are back with the emotional connection and romantic undertones. Berlanti set it up where they both officially are done with the other two people they dated at the same time. Immediately once those break ups take place, they are back to spending time together. They have this classic scene together walking, talking about stuff, and they share fries together, it's so damn sweet. From that point forward, they work their way to that romantic relationship and they officially get together in the finale of season 2. It's beautiful.

The cool thing about Ephram/Amy? Amy was a virgin and literally only slept with Ephram... it's rare and really unique. Ephram actually only slept with one other girl, the girl everyone hated named Madison in season 2. I love this so much. There were zero romantic triangles for Ephram/Amy. They were either romantically together, or still very emotionally romantically connected when they didn't have that title. They got a huge, epic endgame at the end of the series.

Here is a classic example of the magical Ephram/Amy... this was in a season 4 episode but it was a flashback from season 2 when Amy is still battling depression and they're with those other people I mentioned... Madison and Tommy. Amy is so confused and overwhelmed when Ephram says those beautiful words to her at the end of the clip due to the depression... but you can see how emotionally/spiritually connected they are and Amy's suffering from depression, and they're with other people. This is classic Ephram/Amy. Mark should have taken a page out of Berlanti's book...

Ephram: I think you're wrong though...

My heart stopped when he said that, goosebumps... Ephram/Amy right there is who Ephram's talking about.

Perfect example of them being together even when technically not together....

Here's another example... this is in season 4, they are both totally in love with each other still but they broke up, not because they didn't love each other, but something else... long story... anyway, this is season 4... Amy is drunk, lol so cute, and check out when they dance, the chemistry! The way Ephram stares as they're holding each other... Ephram/Amy had a thing with dancing... they dance together and the chemistry just scorches... Greg and Emily had flawless chemistry, they didn't even have to say a word to each other and the chemistry took over...

Here they are together romantically, thought I'd get one in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
In the beginning of Season Two, Amy was depressed due to Colin's death, and she and the rest of the town blamed Andy for his death, and so by extension she didn't want to be with Ephram because he was Andy's son. Then they had Amy go into a downward spiral and get involved with drug addict Tommy (he later became a vampire ) and Ephram became involved with Madison (don't get me started ) and Ephram and Amy finally got together at the end of Season Two.
Thanks for that, sounds interesting. Mark should have done something along those lines in season 2 and 3 instead of the BL/JP storylines.