View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Sandy0401
Fan Forum Star

Guys I need prayers for my brother. He started high school this year but it's not at all what any of us expected. Let me start by saying he has autism and down syndrome and the mind of a year old child (doesn't talk, isn't potty trained etc..). Anyways last year his teacher was going to hold him back a year as he felt he was too young for high school, the superintendent than went and overbooked his classroom forcing him to the high school. My mom had to go in today to meet with the teacher who feels Austin doesn't belong. Most of the kids in his class are way more advanced than him (they can talk, he cannot, they know colors, ABCs etc) so his teacher (who has been nothing but nice) has been in talks with his old teacher from last year, and now my parents as well as a couple of teachers who are very good friends with my mom on a plan of action or something. She feels he should be doing another year or two back in the middle school so now my mom's trying to right the superintendent on allowing that (she has his new teacher, old teacher as well as two other teachers and being where she works she knows many lawyers as well as Austin's workers). I am so heartbroken for him right now